No announcement yet.

HB 957 - Texas made suppressors exempt from NFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken Paxton will be the guinea pig he has already stated as soon as it is signed he will be presenting it to a fed. judge

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
      Ken Paxton will be the guinea pig he has already stated as soon as it is signed he will be presenting it to a fed. judge
      A guinea pig would be if he went and bought a suppressor when it is signed.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        A guinea pig would be if he went and bought a suppressor when it is signed.

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          “Shouldn’t” be is probably wishful thinking.

I have seen cases and opinions that say every single piece must come from within the state. So if aluminum is used in the body, the aluminum had to be mined in Texas and processed in Texas. If it crossed the state line for any reason, it interstate commerce and therefore under the jurisdiction of the federal government.
          I can't remember 100% but it seems like Wyoming wanted to or did do this with full auto and that's where they ended up. Since they had to import steel for manufacture then the final product could be federally regulated. I think that is where the Texas suppressor stuff will end up.

Hopefully I am misremembering and Texas made suppressors and maybe even full auto will become a thing

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
            I can't remember 100% but it seems like Wyoming wanted to or did do this with full auto and that's where they ended up. Since they had to import steel for manufacture then the final product could be federally regulated. I think that is where the Texas suppressor stuff will end up.

Hopefully I am misremembering and Texas made suppressors and maybe even full auto will become a thing

Wyoming doesn’t have Nucor.

Comment

How about we just abolish the ATF. Such a simple fix to all of our problems...

Comment

Unless there is a complete reversal of the way Federal Courts treat the Commerce Clause, it won't fly. The Commerce Clause is like the most abused portion of the US Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  Wyoming doesn’t have Nucor.

But where does the recycled steel originate from and does Nucor even have elect. Arc furnaces in Terrell, Tx?

Comment

HB 957 - Texas made suppressors exempt from NFA

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    But where does the recycled steel originate from and does Nucor even have elect. Arc furnaces in Terrell, Tx?

Who said anything about Terrell?

Jewett has the furnaces. And they get truckloads of steel to recycle from in state every day.

Comment

a quality "completely made in TX" suppressor will probably cost $200+ more than one made from parts sourced in bulk from all over the world.

funny how many people I talk to that don't want to wait 6 months for approval, but they have been waiting for years on things like this or the HPA to pass.....
                      and they still don't have a can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        a quality "completely made in TX" suppressor will probably cost $200+ more than one made from parts sourced in bulk from all over the world.

funny how many people I talk to that don't want to wait 6 months for approval, but they have been waiting for years on things like this or the HPA to pass.....

To me it’s less about the cost and more about I don’t want to advertise to the atf what I have. The less the government knows about me the better.

Comment

I'm not sure how or if the cost would be ~$200.00 dollars more or not but I personally have cans I begrudgingly paid the infringement fee and waited for, if this were to become a thing I'd buy many more.

Comment

I would gladly pay $200 to a Texas company than the atf if it meant I could walk in and 30 minutes later walk out with a suppressor and I would go from a couple in process and owned to a dozen real quick.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                              I would gladly pay $200 to a Texas company than the atf if it meant I could walk in and 30 minutes later walk out with a suppressor and I would go from a couple in process and owned to a dozen real quick.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

I’d go pay $200 extra in cash right now, rather than pander to those *******s at the atf.

Comment

I’m one of those people. It’s not about the wait though, it’s about jumping through their stupid ****ing hoops and paying their ****ing taxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X