The 20 ga Russian “Sh-Sh” segmented slug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 20 ga Russian “Sh-Sh” segmented slug

AS-Bullet Mold Company out of Russia sends me slug molds to test and review. Ones I’m talking about today is an interesting design (like all their molds) that I’m sure will reek havoc on deer and pigs. I’ve only tested these out to 50 yards. Didn’t go any further as my chronograph was acting up. I was firing these out of my H&R Ultra Slug Hunter. Accuracy was pretty good at 50.

The wad is attached to the slug helping it with flight stability. These can be shot out of smoothbore longshot or rifled barrels. This style is called a plumbata-style slug.

Here’s the slug powder coated in “TCU Purple”:

50 yard group:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why go through the trouble of powder coating? Help with lead fowling? These slug and buckshot test threads are fascinating to me. One of these days need to get some one to work me up a t shot load that is actually legitimately capable of rolling predators out to 50 yds.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a Chunk of lead!

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        Why go through the trouble of powder coating? Help with lead fowling? These slug and buckshot test threads are fascinating to me. One of these days need to get some one to work me up a t shot load that is actually legitimately capable of rolling predators out to 50 yds.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Really no trouble at all! But yes, instead of traditional lube, I pc to help with leading. Less grit toon and it does add a couple FPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like another killer load Blood Trail! Nice work sir!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
          X