Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRS Retired Medical Insurance..it's changed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
    Will you please post your source for this information so that I can pass it along to some teachers that I know? Thank you.
    If they are teachers, they should already know it

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      because of the environment that obamacare created in the insurance world.
      BS... our healthcare costs and insurance premiums were skyrocketing long before Obamacare.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        BS... our healthcare costs and insurance premiums were skyrocketing long before Obamacare.
        All I know is that my premiums and deductibles were much lower prior to Obamacare, now they are practically unaffordable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
          All I know is that my premiums and deductibles were much lower prior to Obamacare, now they are practically unaffordable.
          You must be an outlier for some reason. to pretend that there were good ole days prior to Obama with the mountains of healthcare cost data we have is head-in-the-sand, partisan, revisionist history. The rate of healthcare cost increase has actually been decreasing, but it is still astronomical.
          Note that the y axis is rate of increase.

Comment

Obamacare was supposed to lower the cost. Not decrease the rate of increase, if that is even true. There are 3 types of lies. Lies, **** lies, and statistics.

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUK6zjtUj00"]Todd Snider - Statistician's Blues - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sorry to read this Kuma. My wife is also a retired teacher and is having to deal with these same issues. The health insurance industry is headed down a very bad road for reasons I'm not sure I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                  I do not disagree with that statement. But are you saying banning pre-existing conditions, covering preventive care without co-pays or a deductible, allowing adult children to stay on parents’ policies until age 26, increasing annual coverage limits, etc... didn't affect our premiums?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                    Sorry to read this Kuma. My wife is also a retired teacher and is having to deal with these same issues. The health insurance industry is headed down a very bad road for reasons I'm not sure I understand.

Simple. Healthcare costs have risen exponentially and lawsuits against the medical industry have grown exponentially, thereby causing more rising costs. Insurance companies are here to make money, and MANY healthcare plans for retirees are just not sustainable at previous premiums, especially with pre-existing conditions.

I still can't imagine that with the previous TRS healthcare plan, participants paid copays BEFORE they reached the deductible? That may be correct, but that just doesn't seem to correlate to most insurance policies I have had...but I am not familiar with TRS insurance.
                    Last edited by Burnadell; 02-12-2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I was shocked too when I looked at the trs insurance for retirement. Was thinking of retirement soon but I don’t know now. That is ridiculous to have to meet your deductible before the insurance kicks in. Wow what a slap in the face trs. The plan I have now is pretty decent. But that will change if I choose to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        I still can't imagine that with the previous TRS healthcare plan, participants paid copays BEFORE they reached the deductible? That may be correct, but that just doesn't seem to correlate to most insurance policies I have had...but I am not familiar with TRS insurance.
                        I wish my insurance worked this. I go to the doc every 3 months on a normal year. I don't come close to my deductible.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                          I was shocked too when I looked at the trs insurance for retirement. Was thinking of retirement soon but I don’t know now. That is ridiculous to have to meet your deductible before the insurance kicks in. Wow what a slap in the face trs. The plan I have now is pretty decent. But that will change if I choose to retire.
                          There are different levels you can choose from. On the top their, copays kicks in immediately. On the bottom, you have to meet your deductible before the copay kicks in. At least I think that’s how it works. They keep changing it every year. I just changed my coverage this year from the top tier to the bottom. I hardly ever go to the dr, so I figured why pay for something I never use. Went with the cheap route and some supplemental insurance in case of something major happening

Comment

I'm just going to be thankful that any of my office visits are covered by copay.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                              Wish politicians would be put on medical/ pension plans like the ones that are good enough for us all. Most are wealthy but it has always made me wonder why they get vested into a pension after only a few years of service, I’d say give our vets that same pension/medical package .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I have never understood why politicians can pass laws they are exempt from. I doubt if they were subject to things like Social Security & the Affordable Care Act things would not be the way they are.

Comment

On the retirement plan I don’t think there are different levels, not the way I am reading it. If it were that would be great!

Comment

Working...
                                X