No announcement yet.

SETx sheds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several of my bucks in Houston co are shed. i had two shed last week in Dec as well. Happens every year here.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
      Everything I'm seeing in Jasper county is still holding on. (as of yesterday). Matter of fact, I found a fresh scrape yesterday at one of my feeders.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
      That’s most likely a social scrape, deer make and use these year round.

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
        That’s most likely a social scrape, deer make and use these year round.
        Very possible.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my first one show up Saturday night without his headgear. Sabine County.
          Attached Files

Comment

My first pic in Newton county of a buck that shed his horns was on 1/28

Comment

I never have opossums under my feeders.
              They eating corn or something else

I didn’t see any horns in Leon county this weekend.
              But most deer I saw were after dark or far off.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                My first pic in Newton county of a buck that shed his horns was on 1/28
                Ahhhh, thank you!

Comment

Different area, but I found some around the house yesterday morning. Had pretty good luck but didn’t find a matching set!

Going to go walk at deer camp one day this week to see what I can gather up. I’d say all of ours will be shed in the next week or so.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now you just showing off.

Comment

I don't know how anybody can purposely find sheds in east TX, especially the pine thickets. I scour SMZ's and the edges and haven't found one in 7 or 8 years. That one just happened to be laying right underneath my feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Now you just showing off.
                        I’ll freely admit that it’s much more luck than skill.

I find them in plots and fields, I barely even look in the woods unless it’s on a trail. Just too hard for me to see them with my vision.

I typically have a pretty good number of bucks hitting my plots this time of year so that increases my chances of easy finds.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          I don't know how anybody can purposely find sheds in east TX, especially the pine thickets. I scour SMZ's and the edges and haven't found one in 7 or 8 years. That one just happened to be laying right underneath my feeder.
                          You can. Admittedly it isn't like Midwest shed hunting, but you can do it. Clearcuts, fifth rows, trails, bedding areas. I found 3 consecutive year sheds from the same buck in the same place. So if I can do it, you can do. You must cover a lot of ground.

Comment

Working...
                          X