No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your deer look well, considering its after the rut. Great call on the cotton seed.

Comment

Looking good! That 8 sure is pretty

Comment

That 8 will be a great buck next year!!!

Comment

Wow they went through that cottonseed fast. Is the protein being consumed like normal?

Comment

Yes, they are eating going through our 1,000lb protein feeders in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Comment

Question for you guys. Like I said above, we are going to continue to feed protein out of our 1,000lb all seasons trough year round, but we are going to install a Krivoman timed adapter to our 1,500lb Krivoman feeder and then feed a spincast feed (smaller protein pellet/corn mix for corn feeders) out of two of our other 1,000lb+ Krivoman feeders. My question is that I was wanting to put the timed unit adapter on our Krivoman feeder in the middle of our place, but it's only about 200 yards from the trough. The reason I wanted to put it here is because it's in the middle of our property and it's the best hunting spot on the property. Is this a problem or should I put the timed unit on our NW feeder which is around 700 yards away from the trough? Just wanted to get yalls thoughts on feeder placement and which feeders should be protein.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                I had that droptine buck at 15 yards two different times. He is a very pretty buck, but still a little too young.
                You sir, are a better man than I!

(I like to think I would have tried to hold off!)

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                  Question for you guys. Like I said above, we are going to continue to feed protein out of our 1,000lb all seasons trough year round, but we are going to install a Krivoman timed adapter to our 1,500lb Krivoman feeder and then feed a spincast feed (smaller protein pellet/corn mix for corn feeders) out of two of our other 1,000lb+ Krivoman feeders. My question is that I was wanting to put the timed unit adapter on our Krivoman feeder in the middle of our place, but it's only about 200 yards from the trough. The reason I wanted to put it here is because it's in the middle of our property and it's the best hunting spot on the property. Is this a problem or should I put the timed unit on our NW feeder which is around 700 yards away from the trough? Just wanted to get yalls thoughts on feeder placement and which feeders should be protein.
                  Is there a reason why you want it timed other than saving a little money? Last year was this feeder running free choice or was it a corn feeder or is it a new set up? I don't think that it would hurt or be to close to the trough feeder. It would give a different option for the deer which can be good. If the northwest feeder isn't protein maybe put the trough feeder over there. Thanks for sharing all your numbers. It is always nice to see what other people are doing.

Comment

We want the 1,500lb feeder to be timed just to help us save a little money, plus we are going to use the Krivoman timed adapter during deer season so we will be feeding protein year round in this 1,500lb Krivoman feeder as well as the 1,000lb all seasons trough. We are feeding a spincast mix (smaller protein pellet and corn mix) in our two 1,000lb+ Krivoman corn feeders. I just didn't know if we should think about spreading these two protein feeders away. Next year, we will buy another one of the Krivoman timed units and put that at the NW as well. Again, we are feeding free choice out of two protein feeders, one timed protein feeder and slinging a protein mix out of two corn feeders. We are also putting out around 1,000lbs of cottonseed a month.

Comment

I checked my Goliad krivoman timed feeder this week.
                      Everything worked well except my timer setting abilities.
                      Apparently tired after filling, I set a time incorrectly and the feeder
                      Stayed open 24/7. Fed twice as much as I anticipated, but that's ok
                      Apparently they needed it, so money well spent. Refilled and reset.
                      Much more action there compared to the boss buck feeder located nearby.
                      Sure was a lot of birds at the Krivoman eating the protein. And getting their photos taken.
                      BTW put antler max in the first time, but refilled with Lyssey & Eckel.
                      Seems to be an even mix of does and bucks eating the protein
                      My Krivoman is actually placed in a large opening, but I wished it was set up in a thicker darker area where the bucks might prefer more during the day.

BP

Comment

1/30/2016 Update (Krivoman Protein Adapter Installed)

So my twin brother and older brother went out to the ranch this weekend to fill all of the feeders (protein, cottonseed, etc.) and install the Krivoman timed protein adapter on one of our feeders. We are definitely going to buy another Krivoman timed protein adapter and put it on another one of our Krivoman feeders because this will allow us to continue to feed it during the deer season, but it will be on a timer just like a normal corn feeder. I also think it will help prevent the turkeys from eating all of the corn off the ground, but only time will tell about the turkeys. Here are some pictures:

1,500lb Krivoman feeder with the Krivoman timed protein adapter:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Middle Timed Protein (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	24428084

Name:	Middle Timed Protein (2).jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	24428085

Couple more pictures of the new water trough that we installed on the north side of our property:

Name:	New Water Trough (1).jpg
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	24428086

Name:	New Water Trough (2).jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	24428087

We put out 1,000lbs of cottonseed, 2,400lbs of 20% protein, and 1,450lbs of Spincast feed. This Spincast feed is 14% protein and provides better nutrition than corn and works great in our corn feeders. It's basically a small pellet and corn mix.

Comment

That trough is very nice.

You have some lucky deer!

BP

Comment

Why are these pictures turned? How do I prevent this from happening?

Comment

Surprised the water does not fall out of that last trough.. Looks awesome. Did you have to cut the new legs any or did I guess correct?

Comment

We had to still cut off about 6 inches to get the spout at 40in from the ground. It was easy though.

Comment

Working...
                                X