Any Idea How To Get This Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Idea How To Get This Off?

Trying to replace the motor on my Boss Buck feeder and this oval nut thing holding the spinner plate on is the only thing in the way.

Other than a grinder or pure brute force, I think i am just out of luck. Boss Buck was zero help.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you!

Wrench, it’s flat on 2 sides.

Comment

I think it is pinched on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i'd brush off as much of that gunk you can and squirt some pb blaster then wrench on it

Comment

Just cut it. You're going to need a new motor most likely anyway if you wrench it enough to get it off.

Comment

Looks like it has circular scratches on the metal around the nut. It's most likely threaded.

Comment

WD40 and visegrips. It will probably shear though. Soak overnight with knocker loose maybe.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Square it up with a dremmel and put a wrench on it

Comment

Get you a set of carburetor adjusting tools, I eat one of them would fit.

Comment

Look on the underside for a small set screw

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      Look on the underside for a small set screw
                      This is correct. On the other side of the plate there will be a small set screw you have to loosen to remove spinner plate.

Comment

Undo set screw and soak with something to break down the corrosion

Comment

Do u know anyone that has a press? Cut the shaft on the motor side and press the shaft out.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is the motor shaft. It has a flat side on one side of the shaft. When you have a motor, with a flat sided shaft, there will be a screw holding whatever the motor is driving onto the shaft. So being a spinner, look on the top of the spinner or the other side of the spinner blade and look for a hole that is perpendicular to the motor shaft. There should be a allen head screw threaded into the spinner blade, which holds the blade on the shaft.

They do the same thing with pulleys, gears and all types of other pieces, attached to motor shafts. As rusted up as that shaft is, you will be lucky, if you don't round out the inside of the allen head set screw.

Comment

Needle nose vise grip
                              Maybe a small pipe wrench

Comment

Working...
                              X