No announcement yet.

Leon County property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY place is about 1 mile from one proposed route that goes thru an already existing power line easement about 1/2 way between Madisonville and North Zulch.
    I thought TEXAS passed or tried to pass a law that did not allow private companies to use the power of eminent domain to take property. Grimes county was on the news recently. They do no want this to happen.

This is the place to go if you want to help.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link.
      We have heard the same thing about that route. So why did my neighbor immediately east of highway 45 get an offer also ?!?
      Agreed about the new law, but my faith in politicians is shot. hope mr. Abbott restores it.

BP

Comment

What company or person made the offer?

Comment

My brother had land near normangee. Powerline route was on the front edge of his property. They made him A very nice officer. He didnt accept. Someone came to his house in conroe uninvited at 830 pm with another offer. He got ****** and told them he wouldnt sell to them. Then he turned around and sold to a private individual who wanted it and didnt believe the HSR would go through.

Comment

Crock of ****

They should have to pay minimum of 2x appraised value and I don't mean what it is on the tax records for.

Private money going in politicians pockets I would bet

Comment

This drives me nuts! Its unreal that this land grab will be allowed to happen. Im about 2 mi from the proposed route on the south edge of Grimes County, so it wont affect me personally, but I am absolutely against emminent domain for a private or foreign entity. Flat out crooked. Would say more but my words may be considered a threat.

Comment

All over the news here yesterday in West Texas. They said all the landowners in Grimes County were the Devil!

Ok not so many words but you get the picture.

Comment

I would tell them to pound sand but get ready for a fight brother.

Comment

First off this isnt needed at all. Second why not just put it in the middle on I45? No need to take all that land for a useless overpriced train which will cost more than flying between Houston and Dallas. See if you can find some protected/endangers critters on your land.

Comment

I grew up in Grimes County and own property in Madison county along one of the proposed routes. I haven't personally spoken to anyone that has received an offer, but I know many folks that are fighting it mighty hard. I know almost everyone is going to fight it, but if it gets to the point of considering offers I highly suggest getting an attorney involved. I also suggest getting as many neighbors as you can on the same page as you. I have an attorney friend out of Burleson county that handles O&G leasing and eminent domain and he has been able to get people some very good offers, particularly when he has been able to put blocks of landowners together...just fyi.

Comment

I wouldn't sell for anything less then twice the appraised value!!!

Screw that. Stand strong and keep your backbone like most of us do to liberals

Comment

This train is a freaking stupid idea. It will never get used and never make money. A bunch of dumb politicians that have zero business sense should keep their nose out of this whole deal and just let the idea die out like it should.

Comment

Our landowner of one of my Leases in Leon Co. sold some land to the railroad. He told us they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                              first off this isnt needed at all. Second why not just put it in the middle on i45? No need to take all that land for a useless overpriced train which will cost more than flying between houston and dallas. See if you can find some protected/endangers critters on your land.
                              who the hell flies to dallas from houston....just dumb imo

Comment

Not to be "that" guy but unless you are willing to go out there with a rifle and die for your land, they are gonna build what they want to build and where they want to. Either of your dead body or not. Just look at the 99 toll road they recently finished around Houston.

Comment

Working...
                                X