Shootin shack build. 5x8 Box Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
    Ahhh ok, I was like man that's pretty excessive. Thought maybe it was tornado/hurricane proof.
    Haha nah but it’s nice to have a solid place to sleep if I get kicked out of the house.

In all honesty I almost went 1/2 ply on the floor and roof and 3/8 on the sides just to save about $80 but had an uncle talk me out of it, with 16” centers he’s had some of his stands show some give on the floor over time. Figured I’m already that much into this thing then why cut a corner.

I did 1/2 and 3/4 on the original 5x8 and we love how solid the stand is. No squeaks or creaks and rock solid when you’re moving around to get a shot

Comment

You must get a lot of cat 5 hurricanes in your area. JK very well built it seems.

Comment

So, just curious. How did you move it? It looks great!

Comment

Thing looks solid. Looks like you built a storm shelter, not a shooting shack. :-)

Comment

Built to last for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
              So, just curious. How did you move it? It looks great!
              So the biggest thing on these blinds is the skids on bottom. Where we hunt an elevated stand would do you almost no good. So sitting on skids it is.

With that, my trailer and my brother in laws trailer both have ramps. Toss a couple of 6’ pipes in front of the skids and use the winch or a come along and they’ll roll right on up. Unloading is even easier, get the pipes under them and just push them off the ramp, but even easier is to pull em off the trailer with another truck. Really not too hard as long as you leave yourself room and don’t drag the side of the stand down the side of the trailer rails as it’s coming off.
              (Found that out the hard way with the last one)

Comment

that thing is built solid!!

Comment

Very Nice work, hurricane rated!!!!!

Comment

My relative backed out so once the new blind is done and I drag it to the lease this 4x6 is gonna be up for grabs. I’ve added tin to the roof and window eaves since this original pic but
                    It’s mostly all the same still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d be really interested in it, what are you looking to get for it? Any trades?

Comment

You should put a couch in that thing.

Comment

Always wanted to do a recliner lol

Comment

Finally finished framing the 6x8 up last night.
                            Next up is getting the courage up and the lube out to go buy plywood to skin this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice, you do good work !

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                                Very nice, you do good work !
                                Much appreciated. It may be a little overkill for deer hunting but I like them to last and then some

Comment

Working...
                                X