2020 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
    Yes sir. I wish we would have gotten the 10"-15" Pearland got. Our pond is getting pretty low.
    Ours is about 3' low, and the algae is taking over. Our son decided he wants to make some money, so his grandmother bought him some waders and he's gonna start cleaning it out. I know it ain't right, but I am looking forward to sitting on the bank in the CanAm and watching him earn his money

Comment

Ended up with 5” around New Ulm. Bout yall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

Just over 4.5” here...it was the best for the fields, but didn’t do much for the tanks. We need a heavy downpour for those, but I ain’t complaining since I planted the food plot and needed a good soaker

Comment

I need to put our son to work pulling lilies. Being low all year has allowed a lot of vegetation to grow this year in the pond.

Not much movement this week with the storm. Still waiting on the first buck on camera for us.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
            Just over 4.5” here...it was the best for the fields, but didn’t do much for the tanks. We need a heavy downpour for those, but I ain’t complaining since I planted the food plot and needed a good soaker

We did not get as much run off as I had hoped for either. But it sure was a great rain for the ground. Much needed.

Originally posted by Speck View Post
            I need to put our son to work pulling lilies. Being low all year has allowed a lot of vegetation to grow this year in the pond.

Not much movement this week with the storm. Still waiting on the first buck on camera for us.

I saw a lot of deer yesterday coming back from town about 715 in the afternoon. I think with these cooler days we’ve had, plus the ones to come, it should get good before long.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

Based on a rainfall accumulation map I'm looking at right now, between 2"-3" where we're at.

Comment

5.25" in CS.

Comment

Watched 5 does and 4 fawns this evening at the feeder behind the house.

Comment

We had 3.33 in Shelby this week

Comment

What time does Austin county rut usually start? I’m seeing rut activity around sealy on my project. Don’t hunt in the area but saw a dang nice buck pushing a doe this morning after breaking open a scrape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                        What time does Austin county rut usually start? I’m seeing rut activity around sealy on my project. Don’t hunt in the area but saw a dang nice buck pushing a doe this morning after breaking open a scrape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last year on October 12th I saw two young bucks fighting, and a mature buck push a doe & make a scrape. The main scrape on our property has been getting worked the last few weeks. I also saw a pretty big bodied buck off of 290 yesterday morning around 8:30 AM on the NW side of Chappell Hill. With that being said, we had rutting activity into late January this year (bucks fighting & chasing does).
                        Last edited by JMKro; 09-27-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Bucks are chasing does south of Columbus.

Comment

Slow in Fayette County. Bucks still in bachelor groups

Comment

Just got back from my place near Mentz. No sign of a rut yet. Or at least I didn’t see any.

Comment

had our first pictures of bucks on cameras this past week in Cat Spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X