Roger fawcett wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger fawcett wma

Any of you guys know anything about this place? My dad and I won the management hunt out there. Thanks in advance.

It is a new wma and I don't think it has ever been hunted in the TPWD hunt before. I live pretty close and go fishing with my boys below the dam at Palo Pinto Lake which is nearby so I've been in the area a bunch. Super rugged country there. Supposed to be some aoudads in the area along with whitetails but I've never seen any around there.

Between this place and the new Palo Pinto Mountains state park the state has quite a bit of new property in this area.

Comment

It's the 1st year they're doing any hunts out there so doubt there will be much info. TPWD has a white paper on the place

Comment

I know they have done a TYHP hunt or two out there. I know last year for sure and possibly the year before. I don't have any info on results though. This is the first year as part of the TPWD Drawn hunts program.

Interesting location. Almost no online information about the site. I know TPWD owns multiple "undeveloped" pieces of land but generally you can at least find out some information about the site online.

Comment

this is the best resource out there that I have found with general info on the place and plans for future use/development. I read this a month or so ago when I was trying to find info on the place. There are some maps/overhead images in the resource section too.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/business/feed...ssment_WMA.pdf

Comment

I put in for turkey there, well see how the draw goes

Comment

Working...
            X