Order of Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of Location

my work received a call from stating they were calling about employee Sammy Hill about a order of location. not sure what that is but here is what i found on the interweb

Location orders are court orders made under s67M of the Family Law Act 1975

(Cth). A location order requires a person or government agency to provide the court with information about a child's location. Commonwealth information orders are a type of location order (see s67N).

they left phone # 844-215-6746 and contact name but no business name.

some kind of new scam? i looked number up but nothing.

any of y'all delt with this?

I don't know rules and regs and such but I would think if it's a bonafide court request a officer of the court would've showed up with written documents. Maybe scam, maybe private investigator poking around for info?

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
      I don't know rules and regs and such but I would think if it's a bonafide court request a officer of the court would've showed up with written documents. Maybe scam, maybe private investigator poking around for info?
      Kinda my thinking. Why would they not say who they are with. Guess if they show up, I will know. And I don't have any clue about the order of location, especially about a kid.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess I'm the only unlucky one, lol

Comment

Have you adopted?

Sounds sketchy to me, I would ignore it until the officer of the law showed with a subpoena

I am no lawyer and am simply giving my uneducated opinion

Comment

if there is nothing from a actual court, ignore it,,, it sounds like a scam or as someone else said, a PI nosing around,,,, if they call again tell them you will need to see a court order or you will be calling the law about telephone harassment .... on the off chance a court order is issued call that court after looking up the number yourself, not one they might provide

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Have you adopted?

Sounds sketchy to me, I would ignore it until the officer of the law showed with a subpoena

I am no lawyer and am simply giving my uneducated opinion
              No, haven't adopted. I am adopted tho.

Comment

Well that could be a reason, maybe sibling or some blood related looking for you.

Only thing I can think of

Comment

Very unlikely a court order like this would come via phone. If it’s a legit thing you need to comply with someone will show up with official order.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                    Very unlikely a court order like this would come via phone. If it’s a legit thing you need to comply with someone will show up with official order.
                    I figure if its legit, they will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Well that could be a reason, maybe sibling or some blood related looking for you.

Only thing I can think of
                      My biological mom reached out and we have talked via Facebook a few times.....

Comment

Working...
                      X