Switch from a pickup to SUV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch from a pickup to SUV?

Has anyone gone from having a pickup to a SUV and if so did you regret it? I have always had a pickup but recently have been thinking about trading it for an SUV. Looking at possibly a 4 runner. I need something with 3rd row seating for the grandkids. I’m afraid if I do it and don’t like it finding another slightly used pickup might be near impossible. I rarely haul anything and have a 5x10 trailer if I had to. Only thing I tow is my aluminum boat.

I’ve done it as a daily driver and hunting ride (both Tahoe’s) and quickly switched back to a truck. I’m not worried about getting the bed of my truck bloody or dirty.

Comment

Always have had truck....except for my first 4 years out of college and my Dad talked me into getting a SUV. Said you have to be able to take people to lunch and schmooze clients etc etc. Well my first day on the job I ran into my boss getting out of his 4 door 1 ton 4x4. Hated every minute of that **** SUV. Did too much duck hunting and fishing to not have a bed. I got out of it as soon as a could afford to.

Comment

I have a pickup as daily driver and 2004 4runner as a weekender, I
        Will say that the third row in the 4runners will not fit a medium sized person comfortably, if that matters. Every time I take the 4runner hunting I end up kissing my truck bed

Comment

I'm in a situation for work that requires a car or suv. I had a Tahoe for about 12 years. Wasn't that bad. Put a weather tech mat in the back. Used a hitch rack or a trailer for hunting or camping trips. Hauling stuff for projects was actually more convenient because you could leave it on the trailer and not have to unload it. Never skipped a beat. Replaced the Tahoe last year as a weekend vehicle with a truck. Truck is a little more convenient without planning ahead but still use the trailer quite a bit.

Comment

Did have a coworker that spilled some blood via a leaky cooler in his cargo area without a mat. That Tahoe was rank for about the first 20 minutes you got in before the air circulated well.

Comment

My youngest is in medical sales and he even stuck to a 4x4 truck. When he flies to various cities is about the only time he drives something besides a truck. He usually rents some type of sports car.

Comment

I went from a 1/2 ton pickup to a suburban for a about a year. Removed 3rd row seats, put in weathertech mats, leveling kit, replacement bumper. It was pretty bad@$$ but I really missed having a truck bed. Won’t make that mistake again...

Comment

I’ve talked myself into it twice and always went back to a truck. I had a hummer the longest. It could tow. It was nice but I needed a truck bed.

Comment

I’ve had a Tahoe. Hated bit having a truck bed. Even for just doing stuff like getting lumber or supplies from Home Depot or hauling off leaves from the yard was a pain. I’ll do everything I can to not have to drive a suv in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think it's a bad idea. I'd sure like a full camper top for my truck for road trips and hunts. I rarely use my truck bed anymore since I'm blessed with other ranch vehicles. So just depends really.

Comment

My wife drives a 4Runner and the third row is a joke......

Comment

I personally couldn’t do it. My wife has the SUV, I have the truck.

And I dint know what age/size your grandkids are but the 3rd row is pretty much useless in a 4 Runner from what I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

These replies are pretty much what I was worried about. I guess the truck bed for me is like 4x4. Don’t need it often but wouldn’t buy a truck that isn’t.

Comment

Get ya a small trailer and drag it everywhere. My company trucks come with a bed cover and it is a PIA so I just drag a trailer everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X