Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure wish I could have made it,,,,,,,

Comment

Darton, Joevillars, Thisladyhunts/Dean, and Gladesgator it was a pleasure to meet new faces and be able to chat for awhile. Syl and I sure hope to see you again next year.

Here is one more Bownanza pic for those unable to attend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOF socks tbh.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	24650354

Comment

Leonhogboy my daughter is still talking about you playing the guitar and signing and how cool that was. It was a pleasure meeting you

Comment

There will come a year when I have no more kid functions that require my attendance, but with Breck running in the state track meet on Friday and a two baseball playoff games Saturday in Glen Rose.........maybe next year........lol

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            The dangest thing happened under the GOF tent...TWICE! I had been given, by my friend Swamp Ranger, a cool Yeti style insulated mug with the Texas Ranger badge/logo embossed into it. I was tickled pink to get it and proudly drank my whiskey from its Friday night and my coffee from it Saturday morning. I had not quite finished the coffee, and sat the mug down by the leg of my lawn chair under the GOF tent while I was talking. A few minutes later Odin's daughter's dog came wandering by, hiked his leg and peed on/in my cup! Dadgummit!!!

An hour or so later he came by, hiked his leg, and peed on my buddy, Casper82's Yeti soft cooler!!! WTH???

I kid you not!!!
            I understand Chew and Curt spent months training that dog...paid off I guess

Comment

I said from the beginning this year would be different, and it was. Low on numbers, but high on quality. Thanks to all who came out ....it was very nice day.

The ribs, boudin, gumbo and gator were all really good. I missed the Key Lime Pie....someone make sure that doesn't happen next year. I heard about it all day long and how good it was

Oh....and ThisLadyHunts.....you know what happens when you do something well? WELL....... you are on cookie duty every year! I'm thankful I grabbed one while I could....they did a full on disappearing act quickly! Nice meeting you and Mr. Plus 1.

Love this Green Screen family....and thankful for these good times together!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                For those of you who saw a temporary change in my screen name...I can only assume I was hacked, but Mary was able to get it corrected. Strange!

I heard about that. Appears the Boss got a little “juiced” again this year huh?
                Some people are just bad influences I guess! [emoji12]

I’m sorry I had to miss my first Nanza in years. Lord willing...it won’t happen again.

Comment

I only snapped a few but tried to catch the essence. I got the camera out a bit late, I guess.

I echo the other thoughts. Quality time with like-minded folks.

Name:	IMG_2928 800.jpg
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	24650356

Name:	IMG_2930 800.jpg
Size:	553.0 KB
ID:	24650357

Name:	IMG_2934 800.jpg
Size:	538.8 KB
ID:	24650358

Name:	IMG_2935 800.jpg
Size:	612.5 KB
ID:	24650359

Name:	IMG_2936 800.jpg
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	24650360

Name:	IMG_2937 800.jpg
Size:	505.9 KB
ID:	24650361

Name:	IMG_2940 800.jpg
Size:	398.8 KB
ID:	24650362

Name:	IMG_2946 800.jpg
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	24650363

Name:	IMG_2947 800.jpg
Size:	418.5 KB
ID:	24650364

Name:	IMG_2948 800.jpg
Size:	516.6 KB
ID:	24650365

Name:	IMG_2952 800.jpg
Size:	483.8 KB
ID:	24650366

Name:	IMG_2954 800.jpg
Size:	507.8 KB
ID:	24650367

Comment

It was great and a long day, but loved it for sure.
                    I enjoyed visiting with everyone again this year and can't wait for next year to get here.
                    Food was excellent and the drinks were cold!!!

Comment

What a great time visiting with old friends and making a few new ones! The weather was great and the food was outstanding. We missed a lot of the regular cooking teams, but Team Rib and Team Boudin Road Show really stepped up. Big thanks to all those who showed up early to prep, cook and contribute!

As expected, it was a much smaller crowd than we've had in the past, but I'm so happy Mary (and others) pushed to make a post-Covid Bownanza happen, even with the restrictions on cooking teams and little time to prepare! Thanks to everybody that came out to make this a memorable Bownanza!

Name:	bownanza xix.jpg
Size:	965.2 KB
ID:	24650371

Next year will be the 20th Annual event, and we'll likely be back to our regular timeframe. Be sure to pencil in your calendars now!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Wow...next year is 20?!?!?!?!...wow

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Next year will be the 20th Annual event, and we'll likely be back to our regular timeframe. Be sure to pencil in your calendars now!
                          For the love of 7 AM Patron shots, please don't schedule it on the turkey opener (ever again)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Seems like a perfect time to get the OGs (plus first timers and regulars too) back to Bownanza.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              Seems like a perfect time to get the OGs (plus first timers and regulars too) back to Bownanza.
                              We need to go ahead and crank up our base for next year and start building teams! Jerikson and I were talking about doing a Team Fajita next year and make a buncha fajitas. Jared owns Tailgate Troubadours so he has tents, grills, smokers, cookers, and stuff. He provided the corn hole boards and bags this year! Thanks for that Jared!

I expect Team Rib will be back too.

If Beleg doesn't saddle up next year I will handle the name tags again. I promise to do better next year if I do them!

Let's make next year the biggest and best yet!

Comment

Sorry I missed this one. Only the 4th one I've missed since 04

Comment

Working...
                                X