Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Lost A Legend Yesterday...Prayers Please

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Beautiful was the same word that came to my mind as well to describe the service.

A packed house but wouldn’t have expected anything else.
    Sorry I missed you, bud. It was great to see a lot of old friends (Chris, Dale, Wilson, Michael, Kenward, Travis, Cameron, Erin, etc) there. I hate that it was under this circumstance. The packed house spoke volumes about the impact Matt had and the legacy he leaves.

As a father of three daughters, It breaks my heart to think of those girls without their father. When the priest mentioned Matt being a “great girl dad”, I almost broke down. I pray that they have a great support system in place. I know that Cameron, Dale, Tony and others will love Stephanie and those girls as much as they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Michael; 04-30-2021, 11:17 PM.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Amen, brother.

We will take it from here, brother. We will do our best,and.we will see you down the road.

Love you man.

Comment

This is so sad.
          Prayers for friends and family.

Comment

Prayers for the family. Wow. Way too young.

Comment

I wish I had not read this today. Rest in peace my friend.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                You dudes who are really struggling with this, know that you are not alone. I’ve been essentially worthless all week. My friend group that Matt endeared himself to so quickly, is a bunch of otherwise hardasses, and they’re a **** show too. I call it a testament to the man our brother was.

The first time I met Matt was at an early Bownanza. We had bantered back and forth on here, and argued about some stuff (probably music, bows, or something goofy), because Matt liked to argue about as much as I do. I was at the nanza having stayed up all night, just choked down a daylight tequila shot at Legdog’s insistence (as was custom when the pit was lit), and was nursing a D-Wayne Bloody Mary. I see a crew unload from a truck and come dragging a cooler in, looking collectively like death eatin a dry cracker. I recognized a couple guys but had no idea who was what. I noticed as they came across the parking lot that all were chugging gatorade and water...except one. That one had a baby blue in his hand, made eye contact with me, and immediately split off from the group toward me. He walked right up and said “you’re Moser, I’m Matt Patek, and we need to drink some beer!” And stuck out his paw. The handshake was not so much as over and another Lone Star Light appeared in his hand, which he opened and handed to me. It was all I could do to get the first drink down...40 minutes later we were 3 more beers in each, and I felt like I was talking to an old friend. It was surreal. We had a bunch more after that.

It wasn’t until probably 6 years later until we wound up on a common group text because of Jason Smart, months later we were at my deer lease skinning Abryn’s 1st doe, they moved to N. Texas, and it was over. We were at deer camp, we were downtown partying with the wives, we were at Rockport, and Crystal Beach with the families...All my friends were his friends, our dads were fishing buddies, my mom begged me to make them come to thanksgiving.

Almost nightly Rangers/Stros texts, what the kids are doing texts, we are so lucky to have awesome wives...texts, and endless youtube music texts. I still half expect one to roll in around 6:05 every night.

I can find no good in any of this, but it’s warmed my heart to read stories from so many on here that are so similar. How often does a man have to make a new friend, how does a man meet so many people who are so positively impacted by having met him, how many parties can a guy be the life of....and how many people can a man invite fishing...only a life cut short could stop him.

That is just who Matt was. He never had to fake it.

Having to tell my son, who absolutely adored Matt, about this, was easily the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. The sheer shock and pure sadness in his face as he broke down, only confirmed what we all know. All I could tell him was to appreciate the time we had, and pray for “the girls”. I’m still at a loss for what to tell him further, but he sees it in my face all week, and he knows..

My heart breaks for “my” girls, I’m miserable for what Steph will have to endure, I’m furious for what we will all miss out on, and I am at an absolute loss for what to say to our brother Weeaks...who has lost a huge part of his world! But mostly...I just miss my brother.

I catch myself expecting a text, or thinking about the trips we had planned for the kids, and it breaks my heart every time I remember..

I’ll always miss you Matteo. I will try to love your family like you did. I will try to be the friend that you were. I will fail at both, but I will try. I’ll see you when the time comes...and I will look forward to it until then.

I love you brother, we will do our best.

My heart hurts for his family and friends. Good friends are hard to come by and the hurt from the loss of one....never seems to go away. I hate to see you hurt, Dale. And everyone else that is hurting. I didnt know Matt very well, but it appears that I lost out on knowing a solid dude.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

TBH Lost A Legend Yesterday...Prayers Please

My 10 year old son wrote a poem this evening about my Dad whom we lost in 2006, they never had the chance to meet. Thought I’d share it here...

I am not by a grave
                  I am in your heart
                  I am in the morning glow
                  I am in the starlight
                  I’ll be in your heart
                  I am in the blue sky
                  I am in the sunlight
                  I am the birds that fly
                  I’m the quiet in a room
                  I live in your life
                  Please don’t fall and cry
                  I did not die

By: Hagen Crawford (age 10)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    My 10 year old son wrote a poem this evening about my Dad whom we lost in 2006, they never had the chance to meet. Thought I’d share it here...

I am not by a grave
                    I am in your heart
                    I am in the morning glow
                    I am in the starlight
                    I’ll be in your heart
                    I am in the blue sky
                    I am in the sunlight
                    I am the birds that fly
                    I’m the quiet in a room
                    I live in your life
                    I did not die

Thoughtful young man there!

Comment

I am not by a grave
                      I am in your heart
                      I am in the morning glow
                      I am in the starlight
                      I’ll be in your heart
                      I am in the blue sky
                      I am in the sunlight
                      I am the birds that fly
                      I’m the quiet in a room
                      I live in your life
                      I did not die

Wow....your son is very talented. That is a beautiful peace he wrote.

Comment

That's quality stuff from big H, CC...thank you for sharing.

I made the mistake of going through some old text messages tonight. It sucks, but it still feels good. I've swapped a few messages with Steph lately, mostly about the girls. I'm not sure what to say, I'm not sure what there is to be said. Abryn had softball last weekend, which was well attended.

I guess we just keep hammering along..I really don't know.

Comment

I am not by a grave
                          I am in your heart
                          I am in the morning glow
                          I am in the starlight
                          I’ll be in your heart
                          I am in the blue sky
                          I am in the sunlight
                          I am the birds that fly
                          I’m the quiet in a room
                          I live in your life
                          I did not die

Well done.

Comment

How are the girls & the rest of the family doing Dale??

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                                Wow....your son is very talented. That is a beautiful peace he wrote.
                                My son has me ever so focused on my grammer and spelling.... when I first read this I thought "that should be piece" but I think you got it right!

Comment

Working...
                                X