Pond fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pond fish

I want to stock a pond with channel cat and put in feeder fish for them at the same time. Anybody know where to buy the fish around the Cleburne area or a place that ships/delivers. TIA

Any feed store or tractor supply sells it around $13. A bag

Comment

Check with the feed stores. They will know who to contact in your area for the fish.

Comment

Or check with the County Extension Agent those guys usually know about anything to do with lakes/ponds including who to use for stocking

Comment

Call a couple of feed stores in your area and they can usually connect you to the fish guy that comes through every so often. These guys service parts of Texas and stopped at my feed store last year. https://www.stockmypond.com/index.php

I don't know if they'll deliver for small orders. I took a couple of big coolers and transported my fish in those.

Comment

Give these guys a call. I’ve used them a couple of times. Very knowledgeable, have a wide variety of fish and deliver to several feed stores on a fairly regular schedule. I sourced my channel cat from Jeff, Fishndude.

Comment

Russell Feed does this.

Comment

Check with Overtons. I have been talking to them about fish for my ponds in young county. Will be picking up some soon.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I have bought from both Dunn’s and Arkansas pond stockers over the years as well as Tommy’s fish truck. Contact them to see when they will be in your area. Most of the time they are at local feed stores or ranch supplies for an hour or two and then on to their next stop. Good Luck
                      Last edited by parkchief100; 04-26-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Henneke Fish farm in Halletsville.

Comment

Stock my pond use to come to feed store in Whitney. I don’t know if they have any stops near you, but that’s who I used when I did mine.

Comment

Another vote for overtons. Probably good to stock some bluegill as well if it is a ne pond

Comment

Working...
                            X