• Show
Clear All

I think this is a scam.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210401-130625_Email.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	25246454

Just not sure how it works. I is my wifes name. My order and account lines don't work. I checked our credit accounts and don't find anything.

Did you log into Amazon and check the orders?

Comment

I would never call that phone number. If you have a Amazon account log on to it. You can check any orders you have there.

Comment

I would call Amazon and let them deal with it. I can tell you Amazon fraud activity is huge right now and they will track it down....

Comment

I got an automated phone call from Amazon yesterday wanting to know if I wanted to approve a $950.00 iphone, and gave an option to push a number. I hung up and checked my account, and no phone on order. Also googled about it, and Scam.

Comment

if you provided any credentials when you clicked on any of the links you need to go to Amazon and change your password now.

Comment

None of the links would open. My wife does not have an account, it is in my name.

Comment

just delete the email

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                  None of the links would open. My wife does not have an account, it is in my name.
                  Welp....there's your answer.

Comment

It’s a scam 100%. They tried it on me. I called the number acted dumb and then called them out on it and basically they hung up on me. I tried calling back and no answer. I even called the real Amazon # and they confirmed it was a scam and assured me my account was not hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post

NEVER click on links to see it they’ll open. Clicking a bad link can automatically get malware installed on your device.

There are several ways to check and see if the email is legit or not. Below are a few.

Hover your mouse over the sender’s address. The true address will appear. If it does not match what is shown then it is a phishing attempt. Do not respond to email addresses like this that you do not know.

Log in to the account in question via a web browser and check your orders. Again, do not click on the links in the email to take you there.

If you prefer to call, look up the phone number for the company you are attempting to contact. Do not call the number shown in the email.

Look at trademark logos in the email. They usually have the year on them. If it is not current, the email is probably a scam.

Check for typos, this usually indicates that it’s a a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks legit to me. Lol hey a 4000 dollar tv for a thousand bucks .

Comment

Easy way to pick these off is to expand the "From" email. If it doesn't end in @amazon.com it's a scam. Even if it does, still could be but most the scammers don't put that much effort in it.

Comment

That entire email screams scam. Misspellings and terrible grammar throughout, also no sales tax applied either.

Comment

SCAM!! Be careful.

Comment

Working...
                              X