Big CWD press release coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
    I have and have a lot of knowledge about the subject. There are many unknowns and also many facts about the issues it is causing in other states like Wyoming.
    The natural cases in Mule deer are in two small areas of the state and came from deer in New Mexico naturally spreading it.

The whitetail that have had it have all been traced back to breeder facilities that imported deer for other states that had positive deer.

The fact is now that it is here!!
    Every hunter needs to educate themselves on disposal and transportation of deer carcasses.

It is already hurting hunting in Texas and if the the field research is correct in Wyoming it can deplete the herd to a less than sustainable level long term.

States like Wisconsin have seen a large decline in mature quality deer in areas where CWD is prevalent.

Instead of throwing out your theory and blaming everything on someone else or so agency, grow up and be part of the solution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah doesn't help when the **** states solution is to go in and wipe out aka shoot and feed to the coyotes entire herds of deer. What a great solution, to keep the deer from dying from one thing that might kill a few lets go wipe out the ENTIRE herd.

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    There it is. The over reach of killing hundreds of non infected deer by the state.
    Yep, solution to keep a handful of animals from kicking it is going to be kill thousands of animals. Everything to do with CWD needs to just go away, don't test for it, don't try to mitigate, don't do a **** thing. Let it run its course and I bet no one even notices that it exists in 10 yrs with minimal if any change to herd numbers due to the disease.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
      Would you still eat a deer if it came back positive for CWD?
      That has literally nothing to do with what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
        I’m betting there will be expanded testing zones for kills with this new outbreak.

It comes down to this. Once CWD starts showing up regularly in deer kills (god forbid), how many people will abandon hunting all together. We have no evidence of spread to humans. But we do know another prion, mad cow, has spread to humans. If I shoot a deer in a testing area and it came back positive, I probably would not eat it. Certainly would not let my kids eat it.
        How many people have abandoned deer/elk hunting in cwd areas? Not many and there's still tons of hunting going on in those areas.

Comment

So you're advocating for more testing outside of breeders?
          That along with many other areas that need addressed or do nothing at all. To half ask it and test breeders and some trouble spots is useless. They have one toe in the pool so to speak. Either jump in or stay dry. Can't do both.

Comment

That has literally nothing to do with what I said.
            lol ok, still can't answer it or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
              That along with many other areas that need addressed or do nothing at all. To half ask it and test breeders and some trouble spots is useless. They have one toe in the pool so to speak. Either jump in or stay dry. Can't do both.
              I agree more should be done, I disagree they should do nothing if not all. It's not hard to figure out why Breeders are held to a higher standard regarding CWD when selling and trading live deer is their business.

Comment

Yeah that's what I figured.
                Is there a facepalm emoji on TBH?

Comment

lol ok, still can't answer it or what?
                  If you want to just hear yourself speak then so be it. But stay on topic if you’re going to try and have a useful conversation. For all I know I have already eaten one with it. None of us know. NONE.

Millions of deer killed every year. Millions. But CWD is a huge issue right? So odds are that many people have eaten one with CWD.

Comment

If you want to just hear yourself speak then so be it. But stay on topic if you’re going to try and have a useful conversation. For all I know I have already eaten one with it. None of us know. NONE.

Millions of deer killed every year. Millions. But CWD is a huge issue right? So odds are that many people have eaten one with CWD.
                    Odds are very very very very low that if you have only eaten Texas deer you have eaten a deer with CWD.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                      What prevalence do you want tested for? And to what efficacy of detection?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                        Odds are very very very very low that if you have only eaten Texas deer you have eaten a deer with CWD.
                        But but it’s a huge issue! Spreads like crazy! Hurry kill that mans entire breeding operation and put him out of business before it spreads!

Comment

But but it’s a huge issue! Spreads like crazy! Hurry kill that mans entire breeding operation and put him out of business before it spreads!
                          I bet you were just fine with the travel ban from China in February 2020. Were you insisting that the Airlines still be able to transport potentially infected people because not doing so would be bad for business?

Comment

I bet you were just fine with the travel ban from China in February 2020. Were you insisting that the Airlines still be able to transport potentially infected people because not doing so would be bad for business?
                            I think the vast majority of the covid shut downs were extremely stupid.

If you had a CWD positive deer on your property would be ok woth TPWD coming in and kill almost/all of your deer?

Comment

Your sarcasm meter is broke

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the vast majority of the covid shut downs were extremely stupid.

If you had a CWD positive deer on your property would be ok woth TPWD coming in and kill almost/all of your deer?
                                I know in some states the deer belong to the state. Trophy, how does it work in Texas with the high fence properties?

Comment

Working...
                                X