*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    Ice storms are no joke. The trees are snapping like crazy. It's extremely sad to watch.
    Worried about my trees pretty bad right now as well as our fence...gona be interesting in the morning and hope nothing is down.
    Trees I can usually walk under are touching the ground right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
      Brett do you put a make shift tent over the well head and the tank? Mine are about 30’ apart from each other? Thanks Joey

At least tent the tank and then wrap any exposed pipe coming out of the well head

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Worried about my trees pretty bad right now as well as our fence...gona be interesting in the morning and hope nothing is down.
        Trees I can usually walk under are touching the ground right now.
        The biggest one on the property is split in half. I couldn't watch anymore but can still hear them falling outside. Terrible

Comment

Weather men predicting 1 to 5 degrees Tuesday morning. Water pipes not near deep enough in Mills county for that temp. Good luck everybody!

Comment

The biggest one on the property is split in half. I couldn't watch anymore but can still hear them falling outside. Terrible
            Ouch that sucks and sorry to hear that. Have a feeling i will be repairing some fence in the morning with the way things look right now. Hopefully nothing gets out.

Comment

Those poor live oaks just carry too much weight with the ice/snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Those poor live oaks just carry too much weight with the ice/snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                All of these pecan trees around me are going to be shedding big limbs like crazy if we get any amount of ice accumulation Sunday night into Monday. I have about 30 on my property. It is going to be a mess to clean up. I hope we dodge the bullet.

Comment

Well, we got 1 pool pump cracked. Tarp and heat lamp, looks like dfw is gonna see some brutal temps Monday.

Comment

Just lost my first Live Oak right in the front yard. About 20" in diameter and had some lean to it already. Snapped in half about 10' up off the ground. Whole tree lost.

Comment

My dad is losing limbs left and right at his place. Nothing yet here that I can see anyway

Comment

Originally posted by John W. Michel View Post
                        Global warming is hard to deal with.
                        No No No, not global warming any more.
                        They had to regroup & change their narrative. Polar vortex a couple years ago ruined that approach.
                        It's CLIMATE CHANE. We better start getting this right before we have to be retrained.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad is losing limbs left and right at his place. Nothing yet here that I can see anyway
                          Thousands of people are without power in Gillespie and Llano counties due to ice and trees on lines. It's a cold night to be without power!

Comment

Take a long PVC pipe & knock some ice off of the limbs you can reach. Helps a ton.
                            If you lose the top out of a tree, give it a chance to grow back. I did years ago & am now glad I didn't cut them down. They will really grow fast with that huge base & root system.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thousands of people are without power in Gillespie and Llano counties due to ice and trees on lines. It's a cold night to be without power!
                              Prayers for all you folks.

Comment

Man I feel for all of y'all dealing with this ice. Busted pipes, trees snapping, no power... and it's just getting started. Hang in there, stay safe, dry, and warm. Praying for y'all.

Comment

Working...
                                X