Lake Texoma Corp Land question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Texoma Corp Land question

Do you need a permit to hunt this corp land or is it good to go?

You need to contact the Oklahoma District Office for the current rules and regs on those lands. They can change from year to year no matter the project or state they are in. I would never go by word of mouth cause someone on the internet says it's OK.The rules are governed by the project manager, and approved by the district office. There are some blanket rules. But those usually concern Fed laws and what to do about certain situations.

Comment

In for lots of views and little to no responses to this thread

Comment

If you can look up lake texoma hunting map and you will find the link to the Tulsa District site that has the rules and regs. From when I hunted there, you didn't need a permit and I believe that is still the case. Be prepared for lots of hunters.

Comment

That is what I have noticed is there doesn't seem to be a need for a permit but ill make sure to call and confirm. I have heard it is lawless area up there and locals may not like the visitor stomping into their honey hole. I really am focused on just three or four sits in the late season deep into some parts I have seen on OnX. Want to find a way to get in during late season when the bucks are cruising near the river on these natural funnels

Comment

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
            That is what I have noticed is there doesn't seem to be a need for a permit but ill make sure to call and confirm. I have heard it is lawless area up there and locals may not like the visitor stomping into their honey hole. I really am focused on just three or four sits in the late season deep into some parts I have seen on OnX. Want to find a way to get in during late season when the bucks are cruising near the river on these natural funnels
            Have heard this too. I'm familiar with the area and think there are better options out there to maximize your time to success ratio.
            Last edited by Fmjag64; 07-22-2020, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I drew Hagerman a few years ago and noticed that part of the corp land butts up to the refuge. Plus Grayson being bow only it seems there have to be old deer in there

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                In for lots of views and little to no responses to this thread
                Might be the rare occasion that somebody doesn't know or is willing to pull an answer out of their arse.

Comment

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post

i hunted here last year. you did not need a permit, but yes it is very lawless there. and there are hunters every 20 yards. not to mention the locals out there feel very entitled. they treat it as if its "their" land and you dont have the right to be out there. they will loosen staps on your stand and do everything to prevent you from hunting there all while having feeders and leaving stands up year round. all the good deer ive ever seen have all been on hagerman.

Comment

I hunted up their a couple years. Saw maybe 5 deer in the total two seasons. It’s tough hunting for sure. I knew that going in but I couldn’t stand it anymore. Now I hunt OK on a lease. Much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I hunted granpappy for years until they closed it off. We went in by boat if you can find a place to go in by boat that is the ticket!

Comment

I have been shown pictures of some of the deer on the corp land on the Oklahoma side from a fellow TBH when I purchased a tree stand from him and it makes me want to invest in an Oklahoma hunting license. The deer he was showing me had some serious trash and mass

Comment

Originally posted by OBU13DAD View Post
                          I hunted granpappy for years until they closed it off. We went in by boat if you can find a place to go in by boat that is the ticket!

That’s got to be better than just walking in. My luck some jackwagons would steal my boat lol.

Comment

Boats/kayaks are your friend to get away from people. Yes, the locals think they own the place. Lots of stands and feeders. If you hang stands, be careful. They will and have loosened straps on stands. There are big deer there, but they’re smart. Get away from the people and you will find the bucks. I chased a 200” buck on the Corp land a few years back and he got poached by a road hunter. Tough hunting for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                              Boats/kayaks are your friend to get away from people. Yes, the locals think they own the place. Lots of stands and feeders. If you hang stands, be careful. They will and have loosened straps on stands. There are big deer there, but they’re smart. Get away from the people and you will find the bucks. I chased a 200” buck on the Corp land a few years back and he got poached by a road hunter. Tough hunting for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was one of the reason I left there. I had a lock on chained up during the season. I left it there because I hunt a lot lol. Last 4 times I went out there someone cut my bow haul up cord. Obviously someone wanting to let me know they didn’t want me there. It was way up in there pretty far too. It really pizzed me off. I never did see anyone walking through when I was there. Wish I could have caught em. Hunter etiquette on public land ain’t what it used to be it seems. Public land owners are very rampant these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X