No announcement yet.

Alien Life Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all are just being silly about this alien thing right?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

Joe Duffy is very fitting here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
        Y'all are just being silly about this alien thing right?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
        Not me. I firmly believe other life forms have visited Earth for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Not me. I firmly believe other life forms have visited Earth for thousands of years.
          Ditto
          Every corner of earth has the written history of it.

Comment

Scientists a lot smarter than us have pondered this question for years. One of them, a dude named Frank Drake, came up with the math to estimate how many extraterrestrial civilizations there might be.

His estimate?

“there were probably between 1000 and 100,000,000 planets with civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy.“

It’s not much of a stretch to think at least one of those civilizations could have mastered interstellar space travel when you look at how far human civilization has gone from horse-and-buggy to the Space Shuttle in 120 earth years.

Comment

I hate math

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                I hate math
                If you could do math you wouldn't hate it.

And you wouldn't believe in aliens.

Comment

And not just one piece of credible evidence, that the GovErnMenT couldn’t hide???

I look forward to proof, and I believe they are probably out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Visited Planet by J.B. Phillips
                    Once upon a time a very young angel was being shown round the splendours and glories of the universes by a senior and experienced angel. To tell the truth, the little angel was beginning to be tired and a little bored. He had been shown whirling galaxies and blazing suns, infinite distances in the deathly cold of inter-stellar space, and to his mind there seemed to be an awful lot of it all. Finally he was shown the galaxy of which our planetary system is but a small part. As the two of them drew near to the star which we call our sun and to its circling planets, the senior angel pointed to a small and rather insignificant sphere turning very slowly on its axis. It looked as dull as a dirty tennis-ball to the little angel, whose mind was filled with the size and glory of what he had seen.

"I want you to watch that one particularly," said the senior angel, pointing with his finger.

"Well, it looks very small and rather dirty to me," said the little angel. "What's special about that one?"

"That," replied his senior solemnly, "is the Visited Planet."

"Visited?" said the little one. "you don't mean visited by --------?

"Indeed I do. That ball, which I have no doubt looks to you small and insignificant and not perhaps overclean, has been visited by our young Prince of Glory." And at these words he bowed his head reverently.

"But how?" queried the younger one. "Do you mean that our great and glorious Prince, with all these wonders and splendours of His Creation, and millions more that I'm sure I haven't seen yet, went down in Person to this fifth-rate little ball? Why should He do a thing like that?"

"It isn't for us," said his senior a little stiffly, "to question His 'why's', except that I must point out to you that He is not impressed by size and numbers, as you seem to be. But that He really went I know, and all of us in Heaven who know anything know that. As to why He became one of them - how else do you suppose could He visit them?"

The little angels face wrinkled in disgust.

"Do you mean to tell me," he said, "that He stooped so low as to become one of those creeping, crawling creatures of that floating ball?"

"I do, and I don't think He would like you to call them 'creeping, crawling creatures' in that tone of voice. For, strange as it may seem to us, He loves them. He went down to visit them to lift them up to become like Him."..........

Comment

There is only one Jesus, born of a woman in Nazareth, Israel, planet Earth. There is only one Jesus, and he is Human. There is only one, only-begotten son of God: Jesus of Nazareth, Earth. There is not a Martian Jesus, and an Alpha Centauri Jesus, and a whatever-planet Jesus. There is only one species created in the image of God. There is only one species that God chose to become one of: Human.
                      That is the Biblical Story.

Comment

Who helped the Mayans and Those who built the pyramids? A 24/7 crew of workers can't complete the Highways in DFW, Houston, Austin in less than 50yrs!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                          There is only one Jesus, born of a woman in Nazareth, Israel, planet Earth. There is only one Jesus, and he is Human. There is only one, only-begotten son of God: Jesus of Nazareth, Earth. There is not a Martian Jesus, and an Alpha Centauri Jesus, and a whatever-planet Jesus. There is only one species created in the image of God. There is only one species that God chose to become one of: Human.
                          That is the Biblical Story.
                          So now you are telling us we were visited by two other life forms . How old is a very young angel? Was he/she born?

God created thousands of other life forms right here on Earth besides humans. Why would you think he wouldn't create life forms else where?

God created Man in his own image. In my opinion, he created many other living things in other images.
                          Last edited by GarGuy; 06-10-2023, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            So now you are telling us we were visited by two other life forms . How old is a very young angel? Was he/she born?

God created thousands of other life forms right here on Earth besides humans. Why would you think he wouldn't create life forms else where?
                            You miss the point of the poem. The poem is not about the angels. The point is about the uniqueness of what God has done in Humans, in his Son and on this one planet.

Humans are the only creatures that were created in His image. And God only chose to become a Human.

In answer to your question: My point has been precisely that I do not believe that God created any other "life forms" anywhere else in the universe because that is not how the Bible reads. That is what I have been saying throughout this thread. I don't know how to say it any clearer. What God has done in the person of Jesus of Nazareth is grander than we are able to comprehend; but we would do well to try to understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                              You miss the point of the poem. The poem is not about the angels. The point is about the uniqueness of what God has done in Humans, in his Son and on this one planet.

Humans are the only creatures that were created in His image. And God only chose to become a Human.

In answer to your question: My point has been precisely that I do not believe that God created any other "life forms" anywhere else in the universe because that is not how the Bible reads. That is what I have been saying throughout this thread. I don't know how to say it any clearer. What God has done in the person of Jesus of Nazareth is grander than we are able to comprehend; but we would do well to try to understand it.
                              I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm not missing your point. It's just crystal clear from the Bible that there are many other forms if life, all created by God. In his Image? I doubt it.
                              Last edited by GarGuy; 06-10-2023, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                Who helped the Mayans and Those who built the pyramids? A 24/7 crew of workers can't complete the Highways in DFW, Houston, Austin in less than 50yrs!
                                You are correct
                                There are hundreds of thousands of megalithic structures on earth that “ science” tells us that humans built 1- 2-3 thousand years in the past. They supposedly built them with the tools at the time which were stone on stone pounding to soft copper saws. If these theories are to be believed. Every human on earth would have to be working on these specific jobs their entire life. Making no time for food, water, breeding, building their own shelter. Of course that isn’t possible so one of two things had to have taken place.
                                I more intelligent group of beings came and helped with unimaginable technology
                                Or the story about Atlantis is true. Who were a well advanced civilization with those unimaginable technology. And they got wiped off the planet by the great flood. Either way neither disprove the existence of God, Jesus salvation or anything else. One thing is certain, none of the amazing megalithic structures on earth were built by primitive people in loin cloths

Comment

Working...
                                X