Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many yards of mulch will fit into a 14' Trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Any pics Of your flower beds?

I think your yard guy has been rounding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d start with 3 yards and see how she feels after spreading it. Spreading mulch is easy, it’s the shoveling into a wheelbarrow and moving it a hundred yards each time that gets old.

I like bagged mulch because it’s easier to move and there’s no shoveling involved, but it’s not as cheap as bulk, loose mulch……..and I typically only need 5-6 yards for my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        I’d start with 3 yards and see how she feels after spreading it. Spreading mulch is easy, it’s the shoveling into a wheelbarrow and moving it a hundred yards each time that gets old.

I like bagged mulch because it’s easier to move and there’s no shoveling involved, but it’s not as cheap as bulk, loose mulch……..and I typically only need 5-6 yards for my house.
        I'll be there to oversee the spreading, make sure she's staying hydrated...

We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post

We'll see how it goes.
          FYI, a pallet of bagged mulch is a little over 4 cubic yards (60 bags). Living Earth will load it onto your trailer if the gate comes off and you can fit 2 pallets on your trailer, easy.

Comment

Bags are so much easier to handle and move around the yard. FYI mulch has an average weight of about 2200 lbs per yard (more or less depending on how dry/wet it is).

Comment

FYI, a pallet of bagged mulch is a little over 4 cubic yards (60 bags). Living Earth will load it onto your trailer if the gate comes off and you can fit 2 pallets on your trailer, easy.

It’s a single axle trailer.

Comment

If your trailer is 14 ft x 6ft x 2ft tall you will have 6.2 yards of usable space.

Comment

This is what I was coming to say as well. We buy from them too. Its easier to load and unload bags rather than shovel into Wheel Barrow and haul and dump. Use a wagon load the bags, drop them every couple feet, use shovels or rakes to open bags on ground and spread. you will be done in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by texastrouthunte View Post
                    You might also look at getting it delivered. I had to get 4 yards to fill the play area in the back yard and went back and forth 3-4 times with just the truck bed. I think I remember the guy quoting someone in front of me at the yard $80 flat rate delivery for something anything between 2-12 yards. Not bad considering it will save you time and multiple drives.
                    This is the correct answer. Get 3 yards dumped in your driveway and have fun shoveling and moving a wheelbarrow around.

If you go pick it up you are still going to have to shovel and wheelbarrow it around, plus you will have to clean out your trailer.

I'd also suggest finding a couple of HS kids and paying them $15/hr to run the shovels. It will be money well spent.

Comment

I’m thinking I can do 10 yards in one load. Tomorrow is the day.

Comment

We'll see how it goes.
                        I bet that works out well. Lol

Comment

I'm potentially sensing another "I need help" thread....

Good Luck OP!!!

Comment

10 yards is definitely A LOT.

Comment

Make sure to post pics of your trailer, if you can find it, under those 10 yds of mulch!!

Comment

I wish you well John but there’s a very good chance that they want load you heavier than you can safely haul for liability purposes.

Comment

Working...
                                X