Bowfishing bow suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a new bow for bowfishing. In the past I used an old bear hunting compound and it works but is heavy plus I just want a new one. Problem is I am big and have long arms. Most of what I'm finding is too short in draw length to shoot fingers.

Does anyone know of the bowfishing specific compounds that works for long lengths 32+ or sould I look at a recurve.

Thanks in advance

Just get a recurve. That’s what I use and it works great. If you do get a recurve that is rated at 28”, get one that is about 12# lighter than you want to end up with. Most will pick up about 3# for every inch of DL past 28”. Also, get a longer bow. A 32” DL will likely create a lot of finger pinch on a shorter bow.

If you want to stay with a compound, I would look around for an older long draw Oneida. I’m think the newer oneidas max out at a 31” draw length.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Bisch; 05-09-2023, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Get measured for a trad bow and then decide on which one fits. I suspect a 64" bow will work if you truly do have a 32" draw length. Lots of inexpensive classic bows were 64" but the selection of new affordable bows like a guy would use for bow fishing is somewhat limited. Maybe browse on 3 Rivers Archery or Lancaster Archery Supply to see what is available. Perhaps an older competition ILF rig could be found. A 25" riser with medium limbs makes a 68" bow. That should be plenty comfortable for a long draw archer. The riser should have the necessary bushings installed for the mounting of a bowfishing reel, so that's a plus for going in that direction.

Comment

If money is no object, look at Oneida

Comment

Working...
        X