2023 RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 RV/Camping Thread

I thought I'd start a 2023 thread, and introduce my new 2022 Sandpiper Luxury 391FLRB.
    This is my wife's first camper, and we're looking forward to making some memories. I'll definitely be looking back at the 2022 thread for advice, and pray we don't have Many issues going forward. We're wanting to go on our first adventure in May, hopefully.

She's stored enclosed, and I know everyone fights humidity. Does anyone recommend a good humidifier, or do the Damprid etc. with vents open work fine for the Texas heat? Being enclosed protects the roof, but I worry about the stagnant heat inside. I currently have vents open, a fan inside the coach, and fans on the outside on opposite ends circulating air.

Also, any must see recommendations for our first trip (4-6 hours) from League City, Tx?

Happy Camping!
    Attached Files

Breckenridge park on Lake Texana is our favorite that is fairly close to us. We are heading to Tyler State Park for 4 days April 13-16 for a much needed break.

Comment

Ours had lived inside a shop for all but about 15 days of a 3 year ownership. We leave the screen door and one window opened.

In the hot months the ac is set on 78 during the week. No issues

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking of putting mine in a rental pool. There is a company out there that says they do this all the time and will keep up maintenance, etc. on it.

This sound like a good deal?

Comment

Tbuddyandroby, what a sweet looking rig!

Can't wait to see what this thread brings.
          Good Lord willing we have an epic 21 day trip kicking off in May, been a years worth of planning in the works. (ok, epic to us anyways )

As far as your first trip- I would plan it to where your selling dealer is in your path home. That way if you flag anything they need to tend to you can drop it off on your return trip.

My 2022 had the hose going to the fresh water tank split a line- pretty sure it was freeze related and didn't try to hide that- they covered it under warranty.
          I would have done the job myself but it required dropping the coroplast underneath to get to the fittings- yeah could be DIY, but not gonna cut into her while she's holding a warranty. (ps- how did I know? while filling fresh, water was running from along frame instead of out overflow).
          Last edited by DaveC; 04-01-2023, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            I was thinking of putting mine in a rental pool. There is a company out there that says they do this all the time and will keep up maintenance, etc. on it.

This sound like a good deal?

Look up threads started by Texastaxi.

I would NEVER rent/loan an RV!

Comment

Currently Roughing it in Fredericksburg

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

I like how you rough it.

We are now 233 days living in our couples trailer while building a house. We are building a small house so it is paid for when done but it will seem like a mansion compared to this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	house rv shop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	24709961

Comment

House is coming along nicely Bill!

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    House is coming along nicely Bill!

Thanks! Builder is a good guy but they don't get in a hurry here.

Comment

Breckenridge park on Lake Texana is our favorite that is fairly close to us. We are heading to Tyler State Park for 4 days April 13-16 for a much needed break.
                      Thanks, I'll check it out!

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Ours had lived inside a shop for all but about 15 days of a 3 year ownership. We leave the screen door and one window opened.

In the hot months the ac is set on 78 during the week. No issues
                      I have 2 humidifiers coming. My storage facility doesn't have 30a to run an AC, but I'll keep a fan circulating, vents open, and humidifiers going.
                      Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                      Tbuddyandroby, what a sweet looking rig!

Can't wait to see what this thread brings.
                      Good Lord willing we have an epic 21 day trip kicking off in May, been a years worth of planning in the works. (ok, epic to us anyways )

As far as your first trip- I would plan it to where your selling dealer is in your path home. That way if you flag anything they need to tend to you can drop it off on your return trip.

My 2022 had the hose going to the fresh water tank split a line- pretty sure it was freeze related and didn't try to hide that- they covered it under warranty.
                      I would have done the job myself but it required dropping the coroplast underneath to get to the fittings- yeah could be DIY, but not gonna cut into her while she's holding a warranty. (ps- how did I know? while filling fresh, water was running from along frame instead of out overflow).
                      Thanks, and that's not a bad idea!

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Very Nice!!!

Comment

In!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another good idea is to stay somewhere fairly close to a camping world or WalMart in case you may need anything you find out you forgot on your first trip.

Comment

Just make a list. There is always something forgotten or needed. We have been camping for many a year. Keep your wheels greased and your air pressure at max. Blow outs suck.

Comment

Another good idea is to stay somewhere fairly close to a camping world or WalMart in case you may need anything you find out you forgot on your first trip.
                              Ours was a wine opener back when my wife partook in the sugar water.

Needless to say a trip to the store was made.....

Comment

Working...
                              X