Sonora 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonora 2023

Well after a 4 year stint in Coleman county and our lease currently being put up for sale I’m so excited to say that we are returning to Sutton county. I really excited about the new beginning and the next chapter to began . So I thought I’d kick this thread off again as I enjoyed doing so many times in the past. Please share in all your adventures to Sutton county right here. Good luck to all and may this year be wetter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where’s your place?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
      Where’s your place?
      X2. We’ve got a few TBH guys off 189

Comment

We Love Sutton County. Beautiful country, great people and good hunting (as long as Anthrax stays away!)

Comment

I’m in!!!!!

I live here, about 3 miles east of town. And I too pray that we get more frequent rain this year!!!!

Good luck everyone!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I hunted off of Baker road and I-10 for 25 years. I sure miss that area tons of deer, turkey, great axis bucks. Sutton county wildgame dinner , Rafter W,
            and Sutton county steakhouse all good down that way.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              X2. We’ve got a few TBH guys off 189

Well it’s kinda funny how things have worked out but . We’re back on the same ranch we were on about 10 miles northeast of Sonora on 864. Were just on a different pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliTremor View Post
                I hunted off of Baker road and I-10 for 25 years. I sure miss that area tons of deer, turkey, great axis bucks. Sutton county wildgame dinner , Rafter W,
                and Sutton county steakhouse all good down that way.
                We were at the steakhouse on Friday and it was not very good, but that’s just us. The onion rings where the best on the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  We were at the steakhouse on Friday and it was not very good, but that’s just us. The onion rings where the best on the menu.

The onion rings have always been the best thing there!!!!! They are awesome!

Bisch

Comment

I sure wouldn’t mind finding a lease in this area again. Hunted most of my life in this area on Baker Rd and again on 864. Lots of good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                      Well it’s kinda funny how things have worked out but . We’re back on the same ranch we were on about 10 miles northeast of Sonora on 864. Were just on a different pasture.

I am a mile from the Loves truck stop.

Bisch

Comment

Anybody having any luck this spring? I could have shot this guy yesterday morning, but passed.

Turkey season is a few weeks away. I sure hate that they switched us to the north zone, but it is what it is! Not hardly any birds at my place anyway, but folks with the birds would probably do much better with the earlier south zone dates.

Bisch

Comment

Would be hard to pass that Axis buck Bisch. How big is your place?

Comment

That’s a pretty good buck !

Comment

Sonora 2023

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                              That’s a pretty good buck !

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              Would be hard to pass that Axis buck Bisch. How big is your place?

I only have 122ac. That buck got me pretty excited when he first walked in. I watched him for quite a while. I don’t think he is anything over 27”, so I let him walk. I’m looking for a really good buck, or a doe. I’m not saying I won’t be tempted to shoot him in the end if given more chances, but I didn’t then.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X