M1 Garand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 Garand

How would one begin to track one down? Been my dream weapon to acquire. I would like it to be in working condition but mainly just wanna track one down for a display piece. Don't care if it's from WWII or Korea. I know a couple companies made em back in the 40s/50s but don't know if there are any mechanical differences or just collector value? Appreciate any leads/tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One option is to buy it straight from the government with The Civilian Marksmenship Program. Go to cmp.org and check it out. They sell multiple grades and ship in a cmp case to your door.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep an eye open on the CMP Forum.
      See them there frequently.

Comment

Gun broker, guns international. They are easy to find on those sites.

Mine is an International Harvester and I love it. You’ll have to reload for it unless you can find some mil spec ammo for it. DO NOT shoot regular factory loads in it, you’ll crack the receiver.

Comment

They are fun

Comment

The goverment allowed me to use one of theirs over 50 years ago. It was an excellent weapon, but it would knock your **** in the dirt after a few miles of forced march.

Comment

CMP
              You have to fill out paperwork and forms. They have the instruction online.

Comment

https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/m1-garand/

The CMP is the way to go. You can purchase completely online and have it shipped to your door. Just fill out the paperwork and get approval from the CMP.

Right now they don't have much because the armorers who rebuild and prep rifles or sale haven't been working so there isn't much to sell. Right now we are at the end of the M1's so there isn't much built up stock to sell. As they come off the rebuild line they go out the door. In the next year or so the CMP will no longer have M1's for sale.

Comment

Anyone mentioned CMP?

That’s the place to go. It may be a parts gun, but it was built by someone that knows what they’re doing and not Billy and Bubba sitting in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                    Gun broker, guns international. They are easy to find on those sites.

Mine is an International Harvester and I love it. You’ll have to reload for it unless you can find some mil spec ammo for it. DO NOT shoot regular factory loads in it, you’ll crack the receiver.
                    Actually you’ll bend the op rod, but I guess cracking receivers sounds more scarier.

And they make adjustable gas plugs so a guy can shoot modern factory ammo without fear of damage.
                    Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 05-01-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Sounds like CMP is the ticket! Thanks fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Won't be hard to find...they made a gazzilion. Some bring huge $$$$

I was going through some old paperwork when we cleaned out the storage unit & found where I bought a 40-X 22 from CMP for $220.00 back on 07. I had to join the Garand assn to qualify & found a few old magazines with some neat pics / info in them.

Comment

I had one from CMP and shot factory loads with no problem. Note: I didn't shoot it a lot. NRA membership qualifies as a club membership along with a CHL.

Comment

Suggest the CMP if you want to purchase "new". Another option is the gun shows, always some there and prices range from high end collectors to shooter grade. The search is half the fun!

Comment

Working...
                            X