Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a really nice blind. Great Job!

Comment

Nice, where did you get that camper door? Like it?

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by River_Hunter View Post
          Nice, where did you get that camper door? Like it?
          I went the easy route and purchased it from DeerView Along with the windows.

Comment

That turned out a real nice project for you. Good pics of blind’s progress along the way too. That last photo of you and rifle at the ready is cool, good luck this season.

Comment

Great Project, I hope it lasts a long time. Looks great! What means did you use to anchor it down?

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                Great Project, I hope it lasts a long time. Looks great! What means did you use to anchor it down?
                I am letting it settle for a few weeks, then I am going to level it off and anchor it.

I have 4 30" ground anchors, braided cable, and 3/4" turn buckles for the job. I will use the elevator brackets or add some 3/4" eye bolts for the connection to the base.

Comment

Turned out very nice.

Comment

That looks great! Do you plan to leave it white or are you going to paint it? Might want to add a railing to the staircase.

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                    Dang, is she a great big fat woman? You could fit a family of 10 in that thing!
                    You would have felt bad if he said yes! LoL

Comment

Is that a vent in the top corner? The black rectangle above a window is what im looking at. If so, im curious what you did there exactly. Because thats a great idea.

As for trim, caulk it up good on top or cut it in. I did neither on my first stand and it rotted out after about ten years. Water got behind the trim, ran down inside the wall, and just destroyed the blind.

Beyond that, great build man. I need to build a bit one before season as well but im not sure ill get to it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Make sure you anchor it down, ask me how I know...

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          Is that a vent in the top corner? The black rectangle above a window is what im looking at. If so, im curious what you did there exactly. Because thats a great idea.

As for trim, caulk it up good on top or cut it in. I did neither on my first stand and it rotted out after about ten years. Water got behind the trim, ran down inside the wall, and just destroyed the blind.

Beyond that, great build man. I need to build a bit one before season as well but im not sure ill get to it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          I picked up 3 cheapo screened vents I put one on either side at the top and one low by the door. Just used a hole saw to knock out 3 holes for each vent then screwed the vent covers on the outside and used silicone to seal them in. Since the box is sealed in so well I was worried about condensation buildup (not sure if its valid or not but i had $9 total in that addition).

I've got a couple of coats of weather seal and some caulk in all the seams inside and out.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                            Make sure you anchor it down, ask me how I know...
                            MAN! Now you've got me worried. I figured I would be safe letting it settle for a few weeks it is HEAVY with all those 2x4s, I cant imagine it getting blown over. Plus the stairs are protecting it in one direction. Now I may have to run down this weekend to anchor it to maintain my sanity though.

Any idea what happened? just wind or did one side sink? How big of a blind was it?

Comment

One big thunderstorm with strong winds from front or back could knock that over. I thought the same on a 4x8 i built and it got blown over.
                              Would at least put some t post on the corners and cable/wire the legs to the posts.

Comment

We have them blow over on the ground, and these blinds are heavy! Always anchor them brother, 1 cold front thurmderstorm is all it takes.

Originally posted by meshmover67 View Post
                                MAN! Now you've got me worried. I figured I would be safe letting it settle for a few weeks it is HEAVY with all those 2x4s, I cant imagine it getting blown over. Plus the stairs are protecting it in one direction. Now I may have to run down this weekend to anchor it to maintain my sanity though.

Any idea what happened? just wind or did one side sink? How big of a blind was it?

Comment

Working...
                                X