Wedding help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding help

I did a very quick search "wedding" and didn't return any responses for the past few days. So, looking for help, either direction, or paid help.

Our daughter is getting married 6 June 2020, rural Johnson County (Alvarado). They have already paid for the venue, but the venue is claiming they will be open.

There are many older folks that would normally attend a wedding, that may not need to with current events. My parents, Arkansas, in their 80s (they still have their teeth). My sister and family in Alabama (no I didn't marry my sister).

Anyone recommend a way, service, etc to broadcast the wedding over the Al Gore internet?

My parents (also in their 80s with all their teeth. And no, I didn't marry my sis either) been using Zoom for their church Sunday school classes. I've never used it. But hear it's the new group net thing.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-28-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

If you can set up a laptop with camera and internet service then you can use Google hangouts, Zoom or Webex. All of my work meetings have gone to these as of late.

Comment

Maybe Facebook live, don't know if that will work or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
          Maybe Facebook live, don't know if that will work or not.
          I have heard of people doing it this way. Should work.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
            If you can set up a laptop with camera and internet service then you can use Google hangouts, Zoom or Webex. All of my work meetings have gone to these as of late.
            This is the way to go, I think zoom is probably easiest but anyone of then would work. I would suggest doing a test run with each family member first. Make sure they can open the app, get in a meeting with you, turn on their camera, mute themselves etc. Then when you set up the meeting, set everyone to mute by default [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter got married on the 18th. We had to dis-invite all the guests except for immediate family, due to the stupid 10 person limit deal. We had the wedding at the originally planned venue, and we livestreamed the wedding using an app called eventlive. https://www.eventlive.pro/

It cost $50, I think. You can schedule the event and send invitation emails to whoever you want to invite The emails will include the link for the livestream. You can start streaming whenever you want before the wedding (be sure and make it known to the invitees what time the stream will start), and you can keep streaming for up to 24 hours. The video is saved online after the livestream is over, and you can go back to the same link to watch it and/or download the video later.

I bought some mics to plug into my cell phone so that the sound would be better on the livestream. I put the cellphone on a tripod. I plugged a battery pack into the cellphone to make sure the battery didn't run down. It worked great.

We started the stream about an hour before the wedding. My son and his wife started talking to the folks on the other end of the livestream before the wedding. They told jokes, did silly dances, showed pics of bass he'd recently caught, etc... They were the "opening act". It was awesome.

We kept the stream going all through the ceremony and dinner and until they drove off.

It's a LOT of work putting on a wedding, obviously. It's an even bigger load when you can't hire caterers and other helpers and don't have all your friends and family there that would normally pitch in and help. But they were married when it was over, and it was a great day.

Now we just have to do it all again in August when we're planning to have a big celebration/reception that we can invite all the original guests to. I'll be glad when it's over.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations, as we get closer we will need to see what they will be allowed to do at the venue. Calls started going out yesterday, I wouldn't go as far as a dis-invite at this point, but it may come to that.

Comment

Make sure venue has wifi, we are a rural venue and don't have internet would have to use a hotspot

Comment

We are guessing June will be 50% capacity.

Comment

God bless Al Gore.

Comment

Periscope? The olds would have to download the app...so good luck with that.

Comment

zoom, free and works via wifi or cell service, and those watching on line can talk to each other and talk to folks at the wedding.

Comment

Working...
                          X