Sika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sika

When do Sika deer loose their velvet? Have a big one on cam that I would love to get in velvet, but I’d like to let him grow as long as possible before thumping him.

Ttt

Comment

September

Comment

Y'all, I'm getting anxious. I haven't killed anything with a bow since JAN. Sika are on my list. I usually do an exotic hunt just prior to WT season, but I'm going after my first bear (archery in Canada in SEP) if the borders are open. Then it will be hitting WT hard and I always try to get on an exotic hunt after the season.

I'm chomping at the bit. May have to go out and kill one of the feral goats on our place.

Comment

Any recommendations for a good Sika hunt? Archery preferred. Silver to gold ROE preferred, but I'll kill anything for a skull mount, hide and meat and then keep looking for that medal shoulder mount quality.

Comment

Sika generally follow if not lead the whitetail cycle by just a bit. On our place in Junction they will be coming out of velvet as early as end of July and as late as end August Most of the time by labor day they are whistling and causing a ruckus.
            Good luck on you hunt! if you can get him in velvet, we have had some luck rattling using a shed set or whistling back at them.

Comment

When his antlers start coming to a point instead of being rounded you have about 2 weeks give or take a few days. Last 2 weeks of aug I be hunting him.

Comment

Working...
              X