No announcement yet.

Anyone NOT like the Ruger american?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off...they shoot great. I still think they suck. I don’t like these cheaply made rifles that all companies are putting out these days. The Compass, Axis, American, etc. I guess I’m old school. Give me a 70’s production Remington 700.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      I didnt think the trigger was too bad. Especially after you clip a couple coils off.
      Added a boyd’s stock and did this, great gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        I didnt think the trigger was too bad. Especially after you clip a couple coils off.
        +1. And the lightweight stock really works for me.
        Especially kryloned!

Hogs hate my Ruger.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
          First off...they shoot great. I still think they suck. I don’t like these cheaply made rifles that all companies are putting out these days. The Compass, Axis, American, etc. I guess I’m old school. Give me a 70’s production Remington 700.
          Shoot great and it sucks. For $349!
          Haha.

Comment

It shoots so good that I just had to add a Boyd's stock to it........I have more money in the gun than it's worth. Reminds me of my '68 Mustang in that respect................now I think it needs a new bolt handle and shroud.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
              In principle I agree with what you are saying. However you can spend less than 200 on a great stock and you have one hell of a shooter for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                +1. And the lightweight stock really works for me.
                Especially kryloned!

Hogs hate my Ruger.

BP
                I am in the same boat as you. Is it BS that the stock is so flimsy? sure. I don't mind it because as you said it is really light. I did have to do a little bit of clearancing on the front of mine.

Comment

Very accurate guns for the money. The trigger can be tweaked and is actually not bad. Bed the lugs in a Boyd's stock and you have a handy dandy rifle for under $500. My only complaint is the magazines are weak.

Comment

Bought a 6.5 predator + Vortex combo from a local FFL in the back of a feed store.... 0.5” groups with Hornady “everything” off the shelf. Ultimate throw down ranch rifle; the only modification I’ve made so far is a heavier bolt handle and cut trigger spring. It’s killed more pigs than Hillshire Farms ��

Comment

Originally posted by Texas660 View Post
                      I have a 22-250 that will not feed reliably. I contacted Ruger and they sent me a new magazine and it does the same thing. Aftef doing some research on the interweb it seems it's a known issue with the 22-250. There are several things people have done that they claim fix's the issue. Ruger doesn't seem to have a fix, they just keep sending out magazines that do not work. Ive tried diffrent ammo and a couple of the online magazine hacks. The gun is fixing to get sent to Ruger to have them look at it, but from what i have read they put a new magazine in and say its fixed. Hopefully thats not the case and it gets fixed.
                      I have a .17 hmr & 6.5 creedmoor they are great, no issues.
                      does it look to be the case shoulder of the brass? My Savage Axis sort of does that but it seems to be more the long 'travel distance' or gap between the cartridges as they sit in the mag and the barrel chamber.

Comment

Can't stand them. Plastic bolt shrouds, air soft toy plastic magazine, roll pin assembly for the firing pin. I've owned 2. They were very accurate guns but the 300 blk would misfire more than go boom. Give me a Savage 110 any day!

Comment

I like mine as my preferred suppressed rifle.

Comment

I have two. Not fond of either one but they shoot good for what they are. One is a 22 mag and the other a 300 bo. Really cheap feeling and issues shooting Barnes with the 300. Bolt has been sent back twice to ruger. Light primer strikes on the Barnes ammo.

Comment

Not sure how many I have and they are ALL shooters. I love this rifle because of the way that I hunt. I don't sit in a blind and rarely shoot from a high rack. I prefer to spot and stalk and walk to make a call and then back to the truck. I am hard on equipment and these guns are great for what I do.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

gary....we think and hunt the same

Comment

Working...
                                X