No announcement yet.

50-60 lb bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 60lb hoyt gave me a complete passthru on a 600lb stag at 35 yds and chronos right around 300.
    also gave me a complete passthru on an aoudad ram at 28 yds

best part is i can draw it back every time with no hesitation

i am sold on the lower poundage

Comment

I shoot a 60lb bow and will never go back to a 70. No issues whatsoever selling my 60lbs Mathews either.

Simply put....Yesterday's 70 is today's 60...

No more nutbusting cold weather draws in front of several pairs of eyes.....I have a smooth draw, great speed and passthrough kinetic energy..

Comment

I have noticed the above trend. It's a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I shoot a 60lb bow and will never go back to a 70. No issues whatsoever selling my 60lbs Mathews either.

Simply put....Yesterday's 70 is today's 60...

No more nutbusting cold weather draws in front of several pairs of eyes.....I have a smooth draw, great speed and passthrough kinetic energy..
          Yea but who has trouble selling a mathews! Better resale than any other bow and no one can argue that
          Last edited by ShaBow; 10-15-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

This ^

I shoot a 70# bow and often wish I would have bought a 60#. Don't think twice about it and congrats on your new rig

Comment

Mine is now a 60 with nex limbs. Best explaination I've heard- best to shoot a 50-60 maxed, than to shoot a 60-70 reduced.

Comment

60# for me. There is no need for anything more hunting North America.

(I can draw 80+...but no need)

Comment

I have my Elite Answer set at 58lbs 27.5 draw with a 346 grain arrow. With a rage hypodermic I had a complete pass through on a 3.5 yr old 8pt at 35 yards AND I dead centered a rib going into him and broke the rib completely into and still my arrow exited

Comment

I also just bought a spyder 30, 60lb limbs set at 58. Haven't shot anything with it yet, but will post here when I do. Should do great

Comment

I have a Hoyt Spyder, and the ONLY thing I regret about it is not getting the 50-60 lb limbs. I orginally wanted the 50-60lb model but there wasn't any on the shelf at my bow shop and I was to impatient to wait!

Comment

50-60 lb bows

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                        Yea but who has trouble selling a mathews! Better resale than any other bow and no one can argue that
                        Thank goodness. I got rid of that slow (mathews) sum buck as fast as I could
                        Last edited by Smart; 10-15-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Thank goodness. I got rid of that slow (mathews) sum buck as fast as I could
                          Didn't Mathews invent 70#?...............I know they invented slow

Comment

50-60 lb bows

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Didn't Mathews invent 70#?...............I know they invented slow
                            Lol...Don't get me lying on anything Mathews... I was duck hunting when they took the archery world by storm and I bought into the fandom when I got back in... It was all Hoyt, PSE, Golden Eagle and Martin when I left originally...

Comment

I had a 60# Destroyer 350 shoot a 348 grain arrow arrow at 313 fps. I agree with Smart and also the post that said 60 is the new 70. 60 is all you need.

Comment

Wimps, 75# or go home! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X