String Splitter peep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String Splitter peep?

Does or has anyone use them? I am thinking about getting one primarily for night pig hunts.

had one, took it off...just get a regular peep at 1/4"

Comment

Not a fan. Meta 1/4" works great for all conditions

Comment

Not a fan either

Comment

is it supposed to be a larger opening, or a preventative in case you have string rotation and you are still able to see ?

Comment

I wonder how many people actually hunt at night when they say just use a 1/4 inch peep because it's just as good. First off, if you are using a peep at night, the only way you can see your peep is if your using glow paint or something else to light it up, otherwise you can't see it. The bigger the peep you use the better you will be able to see. I used to use a 1/4 peep with glow paint and then went to the string splitter with glow paint and could see much better at night. Now I don't use any peep at all for night hunting and it works out great for me. If you don't believe me that you cant see your peep at night without some glow paint, go outside when it is dark out and draw your bow.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
              I wonder how many people actually hunt at night when they say just use a 1/4 inch peep because it's just as good. First off, if you are using a peep at night, the only way you can see your peep is if your using glow paint or something else to light it up, otherwise you can't see it. The bigger the peep you use the better you will be able to see. I used to use a 1/4 peep with glow paint and then went to the string splitter with glow paint and could see much better at night. Now I don't use any peep at all for night hunting and it works out great for me. If you don't believe me that you cant see your peep at night without some glow paint, go outside when it is dark out and draw your bow.
              You dont need to see your peep. you need to see thru your peep. and if you have a consistent anchor point and a peep that does not twist you dont need to SEE your peep it should be right where it needs to be and you are only looking at your pin. adding glow paint only allows you to visually focus on your peep. If you have lights that shine out to the field and a Rheostat light then you are good to go. I bow hunt Pigs at night and have never had a problem looking THRU my peep not at it.

Comment

I've popped rabbits at night with a 1/4" peep and a Mini Sniper with a TR Micro Alpha V5 sight...it's not seeing the peep, it's having it out of the way when you use your anchor point...a string splitter adds more weight than the Meta...juss my experience...

Comment

Originally posted by ETABNT View Post
                  Agreed! 100%

Comment

Had one didn't care for it. Took it off threw it away.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, doesn't sound like I need one.

Comment

i had one of those and it oval'd on me. shooting on low light can be tricky. the best thing i have found is that it must be practiced frequently. a larger peep is better becasue it can be picked up better. i have also tried glow in the dark nail polish, it worked failrly well. shooting at night should be more instinctive with feel rather than calculated, i try to get relationships between everything rather than a precise sight picture.

Comment

Guess I'm different. I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                            Guess I'm different. I love mine.
                            Me too, it's great to be different. Been using one since they were introduced.
                            Never had an issue. I use "mini".

Comment

You dont need to see your peep. you need to see thru your peep. and if you have a consistent anchor point and a peep that does not twist you dont need to SEE your peep it should be right where it needs to be and you are only looking at your pin. adding glow paint only allows you to visually focus on your peep. If you have lights that shine out to the field and a Rheostat light then you are good to go. I bow hunt Pigs at night and have never had a problem looking THRU my peep not at it.
                              If you don't look at your peep then why do you have one.

Comment

Working...
                              X