Binary cams and cam lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binary cams and cam lean

I noticed my Assassin had minor lean on the top cam when the bow is at rest, is this normal? She shoots beautifully but just want to know if this is something I need to correct or watch for.

I know Rocky owns an Assassin or four so maybe he can chime in as well!

Thanks!

It is more than likely normal. The cable guard pulls the cam a little bit. Cam lean at full draw is more of a concern than at rest.

Comment

Is there a way for checking it at full draw without and draw board or whatever?
      And I just saw the other bowtech thread about this! Sorry for a double post of sorts!

Comment

Yeah that other thread was of my invasion and it isn't affecting my shooting so I think it's normal. Only other way without a draw board would be to have a buddy look at it while you are drawn back and hope he knows enough about archery to tell ya if it's leaning or not. As long as it doesn't lean excessively at rest and doesn't lean at full draw you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineRR View Post
          Yeah that other thread was of my invasion and it isn't affecting my shooting so I think it's normal. Only other way without a draw board would be to have a buddy look at it while you are drawn back and hope he knows enough about archery to tell ya if it's leaning or not. As long as it doesn't lean excessively at rest and doesn't lean at full draw you should be fine.
          I learned quite a bit from that thread, and yeah I'm shooting good and my broadheads fly like darts so I think it's okay. I may have a buddy try and look at it soon

Comment

Bring it to a pro shop and have them laser tune it and square the cams up. Cam lean can affect arrow flight.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
              Bring it to a pro shop and have them laser tune it and square the cams up. Cam lean can affect arrow flight.
              Explain to us how to "square the cams up" on the Assassin.
              To the OP, Cams will have a slight lean towards cable-rod at brace, and will be nearly straight at full-draw.
              Normal.

Comment

Tune ur cams by twisting split cables. It's kinda opposite of how you would think though. Top lean towards the rod is normal though. Bottom cam is straight on my SD. Jim and I spent hours twisting and tuning it to shoot all different ways. Mostly to see what would happen. 285fps assassin so we got something right

Comment

Originally posted by nock1 View Post
                  Tune ur cams by twisting split cables. It's kinda opposite of how you would think though. Top lean towards the rod is normal though. Bottom cam is straight on my SD. Jim and I spent hours twisting and tuning it to shoot all different ways. Mostly to see what would happen. 285fps assassin so we got something right
                  When did Bowtech come out with an Assassin with split buss cables?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    Explain to us how to "square the cams up" on the Assassin.
                    To the OP, Cams will have a slight lean towards cable-rod at brace, and will be nearly straight at full-draw.
                    Normal.
                    I was referring to SabineRR invasion. I'm well aware you cant change the cam lean on an assassin considering it doesnt have split yokes

Comment

I see, thanks for the reassurance guys. And you never let me down Rocky.

Comment

Rocky, it's the annual "crunch time" be patient!

Comment

Working...
                        X