TTA surgery for dog/lab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTA surgery for dog/lab?

My 3 year old lab has a torn ccl. A vet has recommended TTA surgery. Does anyone have experience good or bad with this procedure? Im trying to decide the right path. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, my dog had it done both knees at 5-6years, (very expensive) First one went out, then the second one the following year. She did great she was like a bionic dog, just do like they say on the healing process. My chocolate lab was 95 pounds all muscle. I think that had a lot to do with it she was heavy.

Comment

One on my male Rottie and 2 on my female. First one was $1700 but then we found a vet that did them for $700. Both dogs had no trouble after the surgery. Male was 138#'s and female was 115#'s so even with that weight, no problems.

Comment

Being so young, definitely recommend surgery for him.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Yep. About 3.5 years ago for mine and she’s almost 4 now. I had a thread on it. So far we’ve had no issues. The rehab is the worst part and keeping them off of it until a few weeks post surgery. Now she’s a house dog that loves to fetch but won’t pick up my birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Choppa311 View Post
              Yep. About 3.5 years ago for mine and she’s almost 4 now. I had a thread on it. So far we’ve had no issues. The rehab is the worst part and keeping them off of it until a few weeks post surgery. Now she’s a house dog that loves to fetch but won’t pick up my birds.

No birds! Thats no good

Comment

TTA surgery for dog/lab?

We opted for TPLO and had great results. It got in his head and we had to follow up with a LOT of rehab to get him to stop hopping and use the dang leg. Underwater treadmill, sled pulling... that’s just him though. He never tore the second one, meaning we’re lucky. It’s worth considering and talking to your surgeon about, especially when it comes to potential complications.
                Cranial cruciate ligament rupture is the most common orthopedic injury in dogs. There are multiple surgical procedures that can be done to treat this disease, but two of the most popular “osteotomy” (cut in the bone) procedures are the TPLO (tibial plateau leveling osteotomy) and TTA (tibial tuberosity advancement). Both procedures can provide excellent outcomes […]

Comment

Working...
                X