Fort Bend and Harris county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Bend and Harris county

Folks I live right off 1463 and 10. Does anyone know how much rain we’re projected to get. I told my wife she may need to stay at the hospital tonight. I have a special needs son and would hate to get caught in a flooding situation with him. What have y’all heard?

I think its gonna be hard to say where the heaviest rains fall but im reading 8" to 10" locally around Houston with isolated spots possibly getting 15" or 20". With the shift in the track this morning a little more west, it was actually a little worse for Houston area as far as rain totals go.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it today/tonight. Tomorrow/tomorrow evening may be a different story.

Comment

The reports I've seen vary from 6 to 10 inches.

Comment

South of I-10 sounds like it will probably be flooding, but that is always subject to change

Comment

I am south of I10 by about 1/2 a mile

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              I wouldn’t get too worked up about it. That area was pretty good when Harvey hit. Nothing like Harvey is expected. Are you in Woodcreek?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                My storm tracker is saying over eagle lake to Hempstead as center travels NE

Land fall sea drift area with heavy rain east- NE of point X
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-13-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  I wouldn’t get too worked up about it. That area was pretty good when Harvey hit. Nothing like Harvey is expected. Are you in Woodcreek?
                  Yessir. But the last big rains we were having almost had the creek out of its banks

Comment

During Harvey that whole area was blown out from Cane Island branch behind the HEB and Willow Fork. Willowcreek had high water but I don’t think any houses flooded. The good thing is this storm is moving on out once it makes landfall. Harvey was a total different animal. The city of Katy has made tons of drainage improvements since then and added 10s of acres of retention and detention. Cane Island branch that flows through your subdivision should not even be close to where it was for the 2016 tax day flood or Harvey. We live directly behind Cane Island branch and we made it through both of those major floods.

Here is a comparison of our current flood threat to past threats and floods.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by captainsling; 09-13-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

You'll most likely be fine. 8-10 over the next 2 days is manageable. You'll only see a problem if a feeder band sets up & persists over a small area (say 5-10 miles wide) and dumps rain for an hour+ in the same spot. This is unlikely to happen before midnight, and likely won't happen at all. If it does happen, it'll be a very short notice thing, so just have a backup plan & watch the radar.

Comment

Yesterday we were in direct line (Columbus) European model said up to 44 inches. It has now picked up speed and started heading NE. I'm guessing we will be on the dry side as Louisiana and East Texas will get most of the rain

Comment

Working...
                        X