One advantage of turning 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One advantage of turning 65

I turned 65 last week. This morning I went online to buy my hunting license and was pleased to see that a Super-Combo was not $68 but $32 - yippee! I suppose there are other advantages yet to come. For one, I can now compete in the senior class at TBOT shoots which doesn't mean I will buckle, but it does mean I will be beaten by fewer people. On the downside I am currently navigating the frustrating maze of Medicare enrollment/supplements etc. With the help of a consultant I just about have it figured out but what a beating!

I started looking for savings. When I asked my car insurance agent I was told no discount AND we get to charge you more. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee....................

Comment

Glad you made it

Comment

That’s good news for you.
        I will be 60 in a couple months. My license will cost me $0!!!!!
        My lifetime license is great!!!

Comment

Congrats on making it! Hope you get to enjoy the benefits for many more years!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. geez, I won't hit that milestone until December. Wish they based it on hunting year instead of actual birthdate. I always buy the super-combo but this year it's hunting only for now :-)

Comment

Will be 66 this Saturday. I want my youth back!

Comment

You could have competed in the senior class in TBoT for the last 3 years!!!! It’s 62 in TBoT!

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  You could have competed in the senior class in TBoT for the last 3 years!!!! It’s 62 in TBoT!

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Doh! I should have known that. But as long as guys like Rusty and Holman are out there is doesn't help me much!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I turned 65 last week. This morning I went online to buy my hunting license and was pleased to see that a Super-Combo was not $68 but $32 - yippee! I suppose there are other advantages yet to come. For one, I can now compete in the senior class at TBOT shoots which doesn't mean I will buckle, but it does mean I will be beaten by fewer people. On the downside I am currently navigating the frustrating maze of Medicare enrollment/supplements etc. With the help of a consultant I just about have it figured out but what a beating!
                    Yeah it was nice to pay less this year.
                    You’re absolutely right about the Medicare/supplement conundrum. I used some consultants from my work. I hope they lead me in the right direction.

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    Will be 66 this Saturday. I want my youth back!
                    Word.

Comment

happy bday to one of the GREAT guys on TBH!!!

Comment

And to top that off, you can use your Texas fishing license to fish Louisiana. Not sure about the whole state but for sure Calcasieu.

Comment

Home taxes go way down. Call them.....................

Comment

Just bought mine on line today for the 3rd time. Love that $32 and contributed to the Veterans and Food benefit for wild game and those who need it.

Comment

Let me know how the medicare goes. I've got a year and a half left.

Comment

Working...
                              X