Road trip - Final route.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road trip - Final route.

ok, I hope this is our final route. Have to book places to stay this evening.

Basically we're going straight up I-35 (I know, not great) so we can get to MN quicker to do some fishing. Will be stopping to see Oneeye (Joe) July 17th or so in Palisade MN.. You ready Joe?

Then up to International Falls to hopefully catch a late season sturgeon. Then head west with one stop in Williston before staying in Polebridge to visit Glacier NP. Then south with one night stay in Butte MT before getting to Bear Lake (Idaho,Utah border) for family reunion.

Let me know if the map link works. Couldn't make a picture to post this time.

Enjoy the trip bud..............

Comment

Be Safe & Enjoy Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        ok, I hope this is our final route. Have to book places to stay this evening.

Basically we're going straight up I-35 (I know, not great) so we can get to MN quicker to do some fishing. Will be stopping to see Oneeye (Joe) July 17th or so in Palisade MN.. You ready Joe?

Then up to International Falls to hopefully catch a late season sturgeon. Then head west with one stop in Williston before staying in Polebridge to visit Glacier NP. Then south with one night stay in Butte MT before getting to Bear Lake (Idaho,Utah border) for family reunion.

Let me know if the map link works. Couldn't make a picture to post this time.
        One hell of a road trip. I'm trying to plan one for this summer and all I know is that it won't be near that many miles.

Comment

It would take a bit longer, but I would take 93 down to Missoula. Then down to Salmon and follow the Salmon river down and stop in Ketchum to visit Elmer Keith and Hemmingway in the cemetery. We went thru there years ago and it sure is pretty country.

Comment

I was born and raised in International Falls....Enjoy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              One hell of a road trip. I'm trying to plan one for this summer and all I know is that it won't be near that many miles.
              We shortened the trip 6 days Figured the wife may murder me after too many days on the road with me. I may already not make it!

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
              I was born and raised in International Falls....Enjoy!!!!
              Know people there who want to take a Texan sturgeon fishing? I need to find a real fisherman up there - like equal to a river trot line running river rat.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                It would take a bit longer, but I would take 93 down to Missoula. Then down to Salmon and follow the Salmon river down and stop in Ketchum to visit Elmer Keith and Hemmingway in the cemetery. We went thru there years ago and it sure is pretty country.
                I tried to tell him haha but either way I’m still jealous of his trip!

Comment

We shortened the trip 6 days Figured the wife may murder me after too many days on the road with me. I may already not make it!

If you can swing through Biddle, Montana, go by the best old school general store left. They have fuel, bullets, tires, belts, groceries and carhartt jackets. Its also the coffee shop for about 600,000 acres of ranchers. The locals will invite you prarie dog hunting and if Tom Riggs is there, you can stay at his house. Tell him I sent you

Comment

Would love to visit Glacier. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                      If you can swing through Biddle, Montana, go by the best old school general store left. They have fuel, bullets, tires, belts, groceries and carhartt jackets. Its also the coffee shop for about 600,000 acres of ranchers. The locals will invite you prarie dog hunting and if Tom Riggs is there, you can stay at his house. Tell him I sent you
                      Man I didn’t think anyone else knew of Biddle Montana I’ve done some work there on occasion.

Comment

Curious? Why not take 281 as far as you can and bypass 35 until OKC then scoot over to 35?

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                          Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          I tried to tell him haha but either way I’m still jealous of his trip!
                          We will probably take this route since it's not too far out of the way.

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                          Biddle looks to be like 10 hours out of the way. I'd love to shoot some prarie dogs though!

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          Curious? Why not take 281 as far as you can and bypass 35 until OKC then scoot over to 35?
                          Map just shows general route. I just plotted cities we plan to stay/stop at.

Comment

Take 281 to Wichita Falls, then 44 to wherever.

35 BLOOOOOWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent choice taking 93 over Lost Trail pass. Bitterroot Valley and Salmon River is some beautiful country. We get to do it again this year in August after Braun Brothers Reunion in Challis. Enjoy your road trip.

Hogboy

Comment

Working...
                              X