D loop size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D loop size

Okay, I noticed my D loop is getting frayed. I guess it's time to replace it.
    It seems they make two main sizes, BCY 23 and BCY 24. They are different diameters. I do I know which one to use?
    I'm using a thumb release if that matters.

Sorry, that was suppose to be, "How do I know which one to use?".

Comment

I use 24 if for no other reason than it was most common. At least you’ll be most likely to get it replaced with the most available size. That being said, I think the length of the loop will matter more than the diameter. <shrug>.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the 23 but either or is fine.

• Spectra covered, highly durable
        • 1.6 mm (.062”) diameter

and the 24

• #24 stiff braided polyester, good consistent burn
        • 2.0 mm (.080") diameter

Comment

What type of release do you have? 23 will slip between some calipers. 23 wears better and stretches less but won’t work with all releases, also a tad trickier to burn the ends of.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
            Sorry, that was suppose to be, "How do I know which one to use?".
            If its bigger than your wang…its too big. If its smaller than your wang…its too small. Go girthy if you hang your junk on the loop. Go skinny if you hold your junk.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 08-16-2021, 12:33 AM. Reason: GirthySkinnyHoldSpake

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
              What type of release do you have? 23 will slip between some calipers. 23 wears better and stretches less but won’t work with all releases, also a tad trickier to burn the ends of.
              I use a thumb release.

Comment

The bigger issue is your frayed loop. You have a burr on your release.

Comment

Okay thanks! I'll check into that. What would you suggest, fine sandpaper to buff it out?

Comment

Which would depend on the bur, Just be sure to take the bur not much other material.

Size it you like a stiff loop go the 24 for a little less stiff 23. How does your thumb release attach to your loop calipers or hook?

Calipers unless very tight closing go with 24, hook 23 will be fine. 23 tends to be more flexible while 24 will retain the loop shape longer.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll take it in and let someone that knows what they are looking at check it for me.
                      I don't fee anything on my release, but that is just me.

Comment

Working...
                      X