No announcement yet.

Thing to do in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the above and have a cup of chowder at every meal. Seems every place has their own recipe.

Comment

Oh and Paul Reveres grave too.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        Definitely go see your cousin from Boston. He’s a hoot!
        :-))beat me to it

Comment

I looked forward to taking in all of the history when we were there many years ago but the crowds were too much for me. We ended up taking the ferry over to Nantucket and loved it. Of course it was in the early fall and the colors were unbelievable! Remember, those streets were laid out during the horse and buggy days so the traffic around the "Commons" is terrible. Both of the Clintons were there giving speeches at different hotels that day so I'm sure that made it worse, but it was more than this country boy could stand

Comment

We have been to Boston before, on numerous occasions, so I was looking for things to do other than the regular historical things and Fenway. We try to go to a game every year and we have done a lot of what is mentioned.

Thank you for all of the posts. I have put together some things and most of them came from this list. I will say though, I am most looking forward to sitting on the Green Monster. As a baseball coach and lifelong fan and player of the game, this is really the only thing I have to do. LOL!

Comment

We did the Freedom Trail and enjoyed the history aspect of it. North End for Italian is awesome, but take lots of cash. When we went, all they accepted was cash, no credit/debit cards. We did the tour of Fenway, well worth it, then we watched the Stros beat the Red Sox that afternoon. The Flagler Museum was surprisingly good, and it is within walking distance from Fenway, I recommend going there. You could spend a half a day there easy, or more if you wanted. We ate at the Union Oyster House and loved it. I can’t wait to go back

Comment

I spent most of my time just watching ships going by in the harbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                  You can do 'Cheers'. It's small but you can ask for Norm.
                  I think it closed.

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                  Union Oyster House....
                  America's oldest restaurant.

Buy the short-term public transportation pass and ride the subway.
                  Take a few walks along the inner harbor
                  Go on a whale watching tour

Comment

Do the stadium tour, Cheers, and USS Constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

went there on a training trip back in 2000 - ish?

go over to Gloucester (from the movie The Perfect Storm), Newburyport, and Rockport areas ... all on the coast. Beautiful scenery if you enjoy sailboats, lighthouses , things like that.
                        Spent a little time in Boston (training was actually in Newburyport), mostly eating seafood, those places may not be around now but I believe one was Legal Seafood. Can't remember the others.

Comment

I worked in Wilmington, Massachusetts, about 20 miles north of Boston. I haven't really done much sight-seeing in Boston. I flew into and out of Boston-Logan Airport, drove around Harvard University, walked all over a frozen lake where they were ice fishing. I did drive to Maine, Delaware, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New York seeing the sights. I'll have to check out some of these places mentioned above when I go back up there the next time.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t forget to visit the LQBTQ plaque by the cemetery and the Ross house

Comment

Working...
                            X