Wood Burning Stove???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Burning Stove???

I didn't want to hijack Johnny's post. We are going to build a new cabin at the ranch and I would like exactly what Johnny has even if it is new. I haven't had too much luck searching for one. It seems like the ones online (Home Depot, Amazon, etc.) are all fancy with windows, brass, etc. So my question is, where is the best place to look or how would you go about finding a good wood burning stove? Any suggestions on brands, etc?

I have a old enameled metal stove in my barn, don’t know if that’s what you’re looking for

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
        I didn't want to hijack Johnny's post. We are going to build a new cabin at the ranch and I would like exactly what Johnny has even if it is new. I haven't had too much luck searching for one. It seems like the ones online (Home Depot, Amazon, etc.) are all fancy with windows, brass, etc. So my question is, where is the best place to look or how would you go about finding a good wood burning stove? Any suggestions on brands, etc?
        There is a stove/fireplace store in Round Rock/Georgetown that has a great selection

Comment

Brain fart on Johnny's stove, but if I remember right it is a box stove. Google cast iron box stoves.
          They are not near as efficient as the newer stoves but will produce a lot of heat.
          Lots of stoves out there in varying price ranges, I would advise to go to a good stove store as well.
          Home Depot, Lowes also carry stoves up here anyway.
          You might find a restored older train stove, pot belly, or the like if you look around.

Comment

Tractor Supply

Comment

Box stove

In barn I have a old box stove no clue on value?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                Brain fart on Johnny's stove, but if I remember right it is a box stove. Google cast iron box stoves.
                They are not near as efficient as the newer stoves but will produce a lot of heat.
                Lots of stoves out there in varying price ranges, I would advise to go to a good stove store as well.
                Home Depot, Lowes also carry stoves up here anyway.
                You might find a restored older train stove, pot belly, or the like if you look around.
                I should have posted the link before in case people hadn't seen Johnny's post.

That is what I'm looking for. I think I saw that one before but saw several reviews about it smoking rooms out even when open. I'll take another look at it. But that is the look I'm wanting.

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                Thanks. That is not quite what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  That thing is sweet!!!

Comment

My brother has one under his canopy at his lease and it works great. I’ve been searching for my own for a couple months to no avail. Tractor supply has them but they are more than I want to pay-as are the ones on Craigslist and FB marketplace. So I’m having the Ag dept here at school build me one.

Comment

We just had a Jotul cast iron stove installed in our house. It will not smoke up your house if it is installed properly. I can open the door and zero smoke/smell in the house. We love it.

Comment

They will cook you out of a well insulated house, just a heads up.

I have one but it is in a non heated and cooled room of the house & air is blown in through the duct work from that room to circulate the heat.

Comment

Dave’s stove shop has a great selection of wood burning stoves.
                          They are located in Hudson Oaks east of Weatherford.

Pellet Grills, Pellet Stoves, Wood Stoves, Wood Fireplace, Gas Fireplace, Gas Stove, Antiques, Artwork,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one in my cabin from TSC.
                            It has a glass door on the front. This stove heats really good (too good sometimes) it will run you out. It doesn’t smoke none inside.
                            My cabin is 1,234sf and I think it’s rated to heat 2000sf
                            I more than satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                            X