Crossbow opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow opinions

Have a buddy that wants to get one for his dad. He used to shoot a compound but has had recent shoulder issues and can not use it anymore.

What is a good crossbow that will not break the bank?

Centerpoint Sniper 370, is a really good crossbow for the money. It also has an adjustable stock, so the shooter can adjust it to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
      Centerpoint Sniper 370, is a really good crossbow for the money. It also has an adjustable stock, so the shooter can adjust it to fit.
      100% agree!!! still the crossbow I shoot today. plenty fast, has all the most important features, and best bang for the buck!

Comment

Does his shoulder issue make it hard to manually cock a crossbow? If it does, I'd recommend something with a crank.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
          Does his shoulder issue make it hard to manually cock a crossbow? If it does, I'd recommend something with a crank.
          I will ask him. I was going to suggest one with a crank.
          What about a Barnett Whitetail?

Comment

Excaliber

Comment

Excalibur and never regretted it. A bit pricy but accurate

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                Excalibur and never regretted it. A bit pricy but accurate
                Less moving parts means less issues.

Comment

Barnett makes recurve crossbows too. I like how the recurves can be de-cocked without shooting.

They're probably about the cheapest name brand.

Comment

Barnet Stalker 405. Went on a hunt 3 weeks ago and a guy was shooting one of these. Has the crank included in the stock. This thing was BLAZING fast and super quiet. Everyone there was impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Less moving parts means less issues.
                      I went with the excaliber because I can do a string change in the field.

Comment

I would avoid Barnett. I know of several that didn't make it through 2 seasons with very little shots fired.

Excaliber would be my choice if I was in the market for one.

Comment

Another vote for Excalibur. My only caveat is shoot bolts heavier than the minimum suggested weight. I shoot 425 to 550 grain total weight bolts, depending on which Excalibur I shoot.

cricman

Comment

Centerpoint Sniper elite 385 is a great entry level crossbow. Accurate, budget friendly and user freindly. Caldwell field and an hr of target shooting you should be good to hunt. Good luck,

Comment

I've got a Tenpoint Stealth NXT I got a good deal on Ebay with. Love it. Tenpoint's lower line of Wicked Ridge are pretty nice as well. Cabelas had some on sale not to long ago infact... cut about 20-30%. You can get some good deals on crossbows on Ebay if you're patient.

Comment

Working...
                              X