Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, dogs wiped out a bunch of this mans deer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, dogs wiped out a bunch of this mans deer.

Just sad. He got two though.

John Christlieb has been raising deer for close to six years. Thursday night he heard some barking on his game ranch and then detected movement on his perimeter security cameras. He immediately went outside. When he got to one of the pens he witnessed six dogs attacking his deer. His being there did
    Attached Files

Dang I would be beyond mad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be so ****** , all the time and effort that went towards this and to have it all ruined.

Comment

I guess I’ll be the one to say it seems odd. I don’t see a single drop of blood on any of those deer. No noticeable bites/wounds. One fawn has some dark discoloration on its neck, but it looks more like a skin disease than a trauma wound. If those dogs killed that many deer, they had to have been going at it for a good while. He didn’t hear anything until after they had killed 25 of them?? 6 dogs barking, going crazy, and killing pent up deer would make a significant amount of noise. Just seems odd.

Comment

My guess is they broke their necks hitting the fences trying to flee

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
            My guess is they broke their necks hitting the fences trying to flee

Very possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
              I guess I’ll be the one to say it seems odd. I don’t see a single drop of blood on any of those deer. No noticeable bites/wounds. One fawn has some dark discoloration on its neck, but it looks more like a skin disease than a trauma wound. If those dogs killed that many deer, they had to have been going at it for a good while. He didn’t hear anything until after they had killed 25 of them?? 6 dogs barking, going crazy, and killing pent up deer would make a significant amount of noise. Just seems odd.
              I agree.
              4 of our dogs killed 2 of the neighbors cows, and those cows were tore up pretty good.
              Those dainty little deer would be shredded in my opinion.

Comment

Boy that would light me up. The owner sure has a level demeanor and attitude about it. Seems like he would be a good neighbor to have next door.

Comment

Wild story for sure.

Comment

X2

Comment

It doesn’t take a deer long to die when they are panicked. They sure as hell won’t last long stuck in a fence. $150,000 loss and I’d be looking for the dogs’ owner azz.

Comment

In the late 90s, my dad fenced up a briar cutover area. he had a herd of 80 goats. He went every morning and evening and checked on them. One evening he went and found 75 of them dead. They were piled up in fence corners and in the creek as if they tried to stand together and fight. All of them were strangled by neck and throat holds. None were eaten. That night we set up and killed 2 hybrid wolf crosses that lived 5 miles away. They were killing one of the goats they missed the day before. There was no torn up flesh on any of these goats. No blood spews, nothing you would think a dog attack would look like. All the wounds were neck and throat punctures. Some didn’t have punctures at all. I have no doubt that this story could be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                          In the late 90s, my dad fenced up a briar cutover area. he had a herd of 80 goats. He went every morning and evening and checked on them. One evening he went and found 75 of them dead. They were piled up in fence corners and in the creek as if they tried to stand together and fight. All of them were strangled by neck and throat holds. None were eaten. That night we set up and killed 2 hybrid wolf crosses that lived 5 miles away. They were killing one of the goats they missed the day before. There was no torn up flesh on any of these goats. No blood spews, nothing you would think a dog attack would look like. All the wounds were neck and throat punctures. Some didn’t have punctures at all. I have no doubt that this story could be true.
                          I swear. That’s crazy man.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Those dogs got so caught up in killing them, they didn’t stop to eat a single one. Just went to the next neck.

Comment

Working...
                              X