18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JES View Post
    Man what a hunt, thanks for taking us along, it has been fun following. Congrats to your boy, what a great experience.
    Its not quite over.. nw wind has opened up a cedar stand on a farm Heith has never hunted for deer.. its been loaded with Does, small bucks,.. has an inside weed choked field, north and west is cut milo,
    80a of tall pasture, crp, cedars, and the meandering creek bottom to the east which cuts across this 320a farm, to the south is a mile of rolling pasture, with cedars, thickets, and ponds. Multiple shooter bucks have been seen.. just need 1 to slip up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zmaxhunter; 11-20-2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

In. Great read and what a rollercoaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
        Its not quite over.. nw wind has opened up a cedar stand on a farm Heith has never hunted for deer.. its been loaded with Does, small bucks,.. has an inside weed choked field, north and west is cut milo,
        80a of tall pasture, crp, cedars, and the meandering creek bottom to the east which cuts across this 320a farm, to the south is a mile of rolling pasture, with cedars, thickets, and ponds. Multiple shooter bucks have been seen.. just need 1 to slip up.
        I like the looks of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
          I’m with Garguy! That is a great looking property to hunt. So many different places to set up looks like

Comment

What an awesome story Heith and great job on Talen for recovering from the day before and making a great shot on a stud of a buck! Memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m up and eating breakfast.
              Talen is sleeping in. Apparently killing big deer will wear you out and cause fatigue to set in. Lol
              I slipped in his room and rubbed his head and kissed his forehead for any little inkling of luck I might could get.

Headed out the door in 15 min.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                What an awesome story Heith and great job on Talen for recovering from the day before and making a great shot on a stud of a buck! Memories that will last a lifetime!

Thanks Mike!!!
                Yes sir!!! Definitely some awesome memories!!!

Comment

Headed in.
                  Moon light is bright!!!

Comment

I think I’m caught up, can’t tell cause my hay fever has kicked in. LOL. Great hunt, congratulations Talen. Good luck Heith

Comment

Congratulations Talen on an awesome buck!

Comment

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Had a small buck at 20 yards at 6:30.
                        Wind is perfect for this set.
                        Geese honking in the sky. Birds are firing off. It’s 35 degrees and feels like 28.
                        This property is laid out so neat. Bedding, water and food.

I’m tucked in a big cedar tree with LOTS of cover. This is a really neat stand. Some big deer were killed out of it last year.

This is also the property where I filmed my wife kill her first turkey with a bow, 30 yards from where I’m sitting.

I just need a good one to slip up.

Comment

This thread has been so fun to follow from the get go. Your write-up and the pictures of Talon with his monster buck are pure greatness. Congratulations to both of you!!

Comment

3 does down wind of me. Didn’t like what they smelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                              3 does down wind of me. Didn’t like what they smelt.
                              The set looks perfect except they may want to cut the corner south of you. I'm pulling for you
                              Last edited by GarGuy; 11-21-2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Great write up Heith! Felt like we were right there with y’all...now I gotta find my Zyrtec[emoji28]...and I knew there was going to be a pretty young lady in Bryce’s update lol. Huge congrats to the young couple, wish them nothing but the best.
                                Good luck this morning, this spot looks real promising

Comment

Working...
                                X