No announcement yet.

Tricked by the Video - A Buck Named Troy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the broadhead cut the femoral that runs right under the spine? That would explain the gush of blood on such a high hit. Done that before. Thought I lost the deer, and shot another, and ended up having to drag two out that morning.

Comment

First off great buck and write up.... Glad you found him and were able to seal the deal. Congrats man!

Hit looks similar to my 2017 Redemption buck with the tall brows ....high lung on one side because he rolled and just a shade under the backstrap. I nicked his aortic artery. Ironically Matt found him for me dead as well...lol....at 883 yards though... Well done!

Comment

Great write up Adam. These types of videos, pictures, and write ups can sure help others down the road. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congratulations on the nice buck! Great write-up.

Comment

I’m a big fan of videoing the hunts. Crazy how things happen at times.

That’s a cool old buck. Big congrats on the bow kill. Those Wasp Jack-Hammers are nasty.

Comment

Yep! A lot of times, what we know we saw and what we actually saw are two different things. Since I started guiding hunters , I have had numerous occasions where the hunter said they made a great shot, and either A) we never found the deer, or B) when we did the hole was in a way different place than what the hunter had said.

Congrats on your buck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It like he barrel rolled, but when I saw the last pic with squirt of blood I knew he was dead before I read on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy story and a great buck. Congrats!

Comment

great buck and great write up

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Great writeup Adam and nice buck to boot.

Comment

Great write-up. Awesome buck. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Comment

I usually shoot about a 10-12" over the top of my camera in my blinds but when you watch the footage the arrow looks like its coming from 10 feet over the top. Amazing how different the shot can look on camera sometimes when considering the angle of vision is only a few feet. Great write up and and congrats on the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Another wild thing is it looks like he already had a hole there before the shot
                                Thats the first thing I noticed as well. Was trying to determine if that was the shadow of the arrow approaching or something

Comment

Working...
                                X