This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
    You can't hold that against Ole Jackie. It is tough to win bowl games when you are banned from bowl games....

hahahaha....#heydey

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      hahahaha....#heydey
      Please, no memes today.....I had nightmares and still can't get the creepy images out of my head lol

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
        You can't hold that against Ole Jackie. It is tough to win bowl games when you are banned from bowl games....
        Well played!

Admittedly, I probably defended Sumlin for too long, but I also don't want A&M to be known as an unstable program that changes coaching staffs every 4 years. I believe coaching continuity is important.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
          true that. sure feels like Jimbo is recruiting at a much higher level.
          Is he though? The team he has fielded this season so far has been pretty much trash especially on the offense side of the ball . Yeah yeah QB got hurt O-line is young this and that if they were elite linemen they should be able to hold a three man rush at least for a down are two . Miles Jones the super senior got burnt on the long TD pass and has giving up big plays all his career. The linebacker pushed the other TD in for the score looking like a 7th grader on in his first game trying to tackle. I can go on and on about this team . I just only hope the playmakers we do have on the team can touch the ball a few more times this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Well played!

Admittedly, I probably defended Sumlin for too long, but I also don't want A&M to be known as an unstable program that changes coaching staffs every 4 years. I believe coaching continuity is important.
            as a UT fan, I get that. I didn't want Mack gone, I really believed he could have righted the ship, thought Strong was a bad hire the day we hired him, loved Herman until he opened his mouth and showed his immaturity. Now I have fan PTSD and am cautious but hopeful Sark can get it done. The coaching changes do affect recruiting and make it easy for competitors to use it against you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
              Is he though? The team he has fielded this season so far has been pretty much trash especially on the offense side of the ball . Yeah yeah QB got hurt O-line is young this and that if they were elite linemen they should be able to hold a three man rush at least for a down are two . Miles Jones the super senior got burnt on the long TD pass and has giving up big plays all his career. The linebacker pushed the other TD in for the score looking like a 7th grader on in his first game trying to tackle. I can go on and on about this team . I just only hope the playmakers we do have on the team can touch the ball a few more times this season.
              You cannot look at each play and dissect it that way. Otherwise you will go bat**it crazy. Look at the big picture. Jimbo has A&M in the national discussion. Yes they struggled this past week and will again (that's just college football) but overall, they are getting top rated classes and all the experts are loving on aggy. Jimbo just needs to find his teams rhythm.

Comment

I think the Aggies are being a little harsh on Jimbo in terms of QB recruiting. Most QB's commit their junior year after establishing a relationship with a staff as a sophomore. Jimbo came in to a state where he didn't have a huge recruiting presence and got the best guys he could find in Foster and Calzada from out of state.

The first class that he was around long enough for the establish a relationship for an instate QB is Haynes King, and he was the 1st or 2nd best QB in the state depending on who you ask. Card was a Texas lock, so Jimbo literally go the best QB in the state that he could have gotten.

I didn't like Stowers for Jimbo's offense, but after taking King I don't think he could have done much better and last year was a down year for QB's in state. Stowers is a ****ed good athlete and a take from that perspective alone.

Weigman is the best QB in Texas this year. I personally think he is a more physically developed Colt McCoy with a maybe stronger arm and a little less accuracy that is farther along developmentally playing big boy 6A ball. Holstein's sophomore tape is better than Weigman's, he has an even bigger arm, and he looks like a physically bigger dude already.

So, he has recruited the position well and locked up the position recruiting wise through 2023.

But, QB is a position that takes time to develop. Most guys aren't ready to go as redshirt freshman.

If the Aggies want to ***** about recruiting, then it should be on OL and CB, not QB.

Now, if the Aggies want to ***** about that contract extension, fine. It was probably unnecessary.

I'd be more worried about Jimbo's offensive style than QB recruiting. His offense isn't very QB or WR friendly, especially to young prospects at those positions. But, if he keeps piling up depth at those positions eventually it will be good enough to win football games. I don't know whether it will be good enough to win National Championships, but that is a question for down the road.

Comment

You cannot look at each play and dissect it that way. Otherwise you will go bat**it crazy. Look at the big picture. Jimbo has A&M in the national discussion. Yes they struggled this past week and will again (that's just college football) but overall, they are getting top rated classes and all the experts are loving on aggy. Jimbo just needs to find his teams rhythm.
                  Bingo. That was a narrow view. Recruiting is on a level it hasn't been in years. This will come together.

ac

Comment

Yeah I know it’s just frustrating as hell.

But it is scary with how he left Florida State .

Comment

Turn up the volume. Love it in English y espanol!!!

16K likes, 91 comments - texasfootball on September 29, 2021: "Texas vs Texas Tech as heard on Longhorns En Español 🤘"

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        I think the Aggies are being a little harsh on Jimbo in terms of QB recruiting. Most QB's commit their junior year after establishing a relationship with a staff as a sophomore. Jimbo came in to a state where he didn't have a huge recruiting presence and got the best guys he could find in Foster and Calzada from out of state.

The first class that he was around long enough for the establish a relationship for an instate QB is Haynes King, and he was the 1st or 2nd best QB in the state depending on who you ask. Card was a Texas lock, so Jimbo literally go the best QB in the state that he could have gotten.

I didn't like Stowers for Jimbo's offense, but after taking King I don't think he could have done much better and last year was a down year for QB's in state. Stowers is a ****ed good athlete and a take from that perspective alone.

Weigman is the best QB in Texas this year. I personally think he is a more physically developed Colt McCoy with a maybe stronger arm and a little less accuracy that is farther along developmentally playing big boy 6A ball. Holstein's sophomore tape is better than Weigman's, he has an even bigger arm, and he looks like a physically bigger dude already.

So, he has recruited the position well and locked up the position recruiting wise through 2023.

But, QB is a position that takes time to develop. Most guys aren't ready to go as redshirt freshman.

If the Aggies want to ***** about recruiting, then it should be on OL and CB, not QB.

Now, if the Aggies want to ***** about that contract extension, fine. It was probably unnecessary.

I'd be more worried about Jimbo's offensive style than QB recruiting. His offense isn't very QB or WR friendly, especially to young prospects at those positions. But, if he keeps piling up depth at those positions eventually it will be good enough to win football games. I don't know whether it will be good enough to win National Championships, but that is a question for down the road.
                        Excellent post. However I still think OL and CB (DB) have talent. Jaylon Jones has essentially become a lockdown corner (so far) in his second season. Chappel and Harmon have been pretty impressive as true freshmen (so far.) Brian George (transfer) has had some big moments. Antonio Johnson might be the second best player (behind Leal) on a fairly loaded defense already in only his second season. Jardin Gilbert has played effective minutes. Myles Jones (Super Senior) got beat on the 85 yard TD (by a guy that may be the first WR selected in the NFL draft). He wasn't a Fisher recruit, but he saw his first (limited) action against NM after battling a foot injury most of fall camp and early season. Several of the younger DBs have played well in his place. (Jones had a really good year last season, BTW.)

I won't rehash the OL talent vs inexperience, but I wouldn't consider that group a recruiting failure.

If there is a position group that I'd question, collectively, over Jimbo's 4 years it would be ILB.

Fans are impatient. I am, too, but there aren't many programs in the country that wouldn't trade places right now with the Aggies.
                        Last edited by Michael; 09-30-2021, 02:24 PM.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

We truly have entered the twilight zone; Horns talking Aggies off the ledge.

Comment

Startin' to feel a lil' froggy........

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              Startin' to feel a lil' froggy........
                              I think Sonny and Hart might be on the UT payroll. They got ‘ol Gary all worked up over the flag incident and he can’t stop talking about it! Needs to focus on the horns. For the record, I’m not for flag planting on enemy grounds but at least we kinda have a rivalry back!

Comment

Yes the aggies have been thin on ILB position for awhile Buddy Johnson finally stepped up to his potential last season. But we had to turn a receiver in Hansford into A backer and he is the best option we have right now that’s pretty weak . If you noticed if they get through our front D line the linebackers are no where to found. To step up and make the tackle.

Comment

Working...
                                X