Mule Deer & Antelope Recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mule Deer & Antelope Recommended

Looking for referrals & experiences of the above 2 hunts. My boys and and I want to start planning a trip or two for 2022.

Either rifle or bow, low to mid range cost. No high dollar hunts at this point.

Thanks.

Following...

Comment

Off the top of my head the Cheapest hunt is going to be an otc archery pronghorn in WY. Numerous units in that state you can draw a deer and pronghorn tag for the same area during the same time period. Numerous other states that have otc mule deer tags or easy to draw tags with 0 points. Would be much easier if wanting to do two separate hunts and not combine them into one just takes a lot more research and planning.

Comment

Wyoming preference points can be bought right now. If you buy a point this year you can definitely draw a LE hunt next year for Antelope. Antelope is pretty easy to DIY.

Comment

Folks, you better check the draw odds, no much of anything on the leftover list and OTC for pronghorn ain't happening anymore it seems in Wyoming.
          You'll need some PP to draw decent area so 2022 might be a stretch. We do have 25% set aside for the random draw.
          DIY is the way to go in the right area. Youth licenses are cheaper and doe tags are dirt cheap.
          Some regions may be drawn with 0 PP but those are getting very scarce too.

Buy a PP for each right now, for next year's apps if you choose that route.

Comment

I went to Wyoming to hunt with Center of the Nation Hunting. One of the best hunts I've ever been on. Guy and Shanna run the ranch. Very family friendly.

Comment

I’m sitting on 8 pronghorn points in Wyoming and just never make the time to go hunt them.
              I’ll be bringing someone with me at this point so im not wasting a bunch of points lol.

Wyoming is 100% your best option. Just gonna take some research on if you want to go diy or guided and how many years out you are from each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have killed Antelope every trip to Wy with no points in a less attractive units. Some decent ones and a few that were bc, including an 84inch buck that my taxidermist “lost”. They are not that difficult to hunt especially if your comfy shooting 400 yards.

Comment

Working...
                X