Traveling with deer in cooler question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling with deer in cooler question.

Here is my question, ok say general season opener i go to one lease. Shoot a deer (deer #1) and get it tagged and on ice. Then Sunday i am heading to 2nd lease.

Can i send deer deer #1 back home with my dad? It would be just to have less stuff in truck when going to 2nd lease. Would a filled out wildlife resource document be what i need to send with him? Along with a tag and proof of sex. Or is this even legal?

With a, I think its called wildlife resource document filled out and signed. Used to be available on tpwd site. Print out several.

Comment

Yea you can print one out or just hand write a letter with your tag info and contact info. Most will take that

Comment

Likely won't be a problem but a WRD is an easy step that will keep you both out of trouble if a warden is in a bad mood

Comment

This help? . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
            This help? . .
            Hahahahah

Comment

I think there is also one in the back of your TPWD annual.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                With a, I think its called wildlife resource document filled out and signed. Used to be available on tpwd site. Print out several.
                This. Find it online, print out a few copies. I have used these before. Exactly what you need.

But, Glen is correct. You can write down the basic info on your own to attest what the WRD says. But, I'd use the document if you can.

Comment

Working...
                X