Deer skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer skull

How do I clean a deer skull to do a European mount. Or does anybody around Houston do these

Skin, boil, pressure wash, bleach. Tons of youtube vids that will walk you through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      Skin, boil, pressure wash, bleach. Tons of youtube vids that will walk you through it.
      This but if you pressure wash be carful not to break the little bones in the nose area.

Comment

Skin it and drop it in a bucket of water if you're not in a hurry. I used to boil them then moved to this method, maceration method.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
          Skin it and drop it in a bucket of water if you're not in a hurry. I used to boil them then moved to this method, maceration method.

I have to do some studying on this. Never heard of it

Comment

White Bone Creation youtube channel is the method I use. Works really well.

Comment

check out WHITEBONE CREATIONS ON YOU TUBE. Good luck

Comment

I have skinned, boiled (to speed up the process), washed clean, then use a hair bleaching kit from a beauty supply store to get the skull really white.

Comment

Taxidermy Designs in Tomball. Worth the $75.

Comment

I wouldn't use bleach as it weakens and discolors the bones later.....something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                      I wouldn't use bleach as it weakens and discolors the bones later.....something to think about.

Most I know use bleach without issue. I mean, how strong do bones need to be to hang on the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Most I know use bleach without issue. I mean, how strong do bones need to be to hang on the wall?
                        You just don't want to use like straight Clorox bleach. The hair bleach paste/cream is what most folks use. It does a great job of whitening them up.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                          You just don't want to use like straight Clorox bleach. The hair bleach paste/cream is what most folks use. It does a great job of whitening them up.

Yep

Comment

just pay the $75. Not worth the time imo

Comment

Do not boil, do not use bleach. You simmer, add in lots of dawn, and arm and hammer laundry booster (sodium bicarbonate). Once the meat looks like jelly, use the pressure washer. Get every little nook and cranny. Once every little bit of meat is gone, and the bone doesn’t look greasy let it dry. Once dry get hydrogen peroxide. I use 50% but it’s real expensive for one. So you can get developer from Sally’s. Mix the liquid with the powder to make a paint on mixture. Once you get it everywhere except the horns, wrap in a black bag and put in a warm area. Hose off and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X