Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of all the years I have been hunting, I add another item to pack with me the blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of all the years I have been hunting, I add another item to pack with me the blind

Well 1 more item to pack.

Tweezers!

I went to the boys bathroom in the woods just now and came back to blind and had about 20 cacti needles in my left ankle area. I must have skimmed a cacti on way back to the blind.

Oh well, got most off by hand.

**** those needles sure bother me.

Happy New Year

that sucks.

Comment

One of the reasons I wear snake boots . I have a small pair of tweezers in a tiny Swiss Army knife that I keep on my key chain. They have come in handy several times when the cactus have been above my boots.

Comment

Don’t try to pull them with your teeth ask me how I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We hunt in pear country. Tweezers are a must!

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
            Don’t try to pull them with your teeth ask me how I know...

Ok I will . How do you know?

Comment

Well I got some in my hand dragging a doe from the brush. so I decided to use my teeth cuz my fingers are too fat. Ended up having the **** things in the roof of my mouth and tongue. Lesson learned

Comment

A friend pushed me into a head high prickly pear when he thought I was falling off a ledge back when we were young. His father was a doctor, and he had his hemostat forceps that he used to pull out all the thorns in about an hour. Some of the thorns were thick, and over an inch long. For the big thorns, these work well, especially if they break off at skin level. For the fine/small stuff, tweezers and good light are needed. Snake chaps/leggings help cut down on on cactus. Don't wear thin rubber soled boots in cactus areas.

Comment

It could’ve been much worse! Thought they were gonna be another location since you said you went to the bathroom.

Comment

Awww man.. i was axis stalking and saw one in pretty heavy cover. I shouldered my rifle and squated to see under the hanging oak limbs.. right on a prickly pear i didnt see. Took over a year to get all of em outta my butt

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. It only takes once before the tweezers are standard equipment.

Comment

Disposable razor mo' better for removing cactus!

Comment

I feel ur pain

Comment

Working...
                          X