Military care package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military care package

I was in town today and heard on the radio (550 am KTSA) that our soldiers needed care packages , so after my meeting I went to the dollar store And then
    Had no clue what to buy so I bought
    1. Foot powder / and regular
    2. Handi wipes
    3 hand lotion
    4. Kit kat bars
    5. Mini snickers
    I was never in the military but kinda winged it thanking about living out on a ranch and stuff I wished I had and didn’t

Any military guys please post up some ideas or stuff you needed from experience, so next time I can get some stuff our guys really want or need

I have heard q-tips and beef jerky can be big hits along with drink mix packets

Comment

Logs of Copenhagen.

Comment

Kit Kat bars will melt on the way over. Beef jerky is a good one. Along with the q tips. The other stuff you bought are all good.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
          I have heard q-tips and beef jerky can be big hits along with drink mix packets
          Sugar free or sugar drink or like electrolytes mixture

Comment

Military care package

If I was to send candy, it would be hard candy - chocolate will melt.

There used to be a website called anysoldier.com where we could request certain items and people could send them to us. You may want to check it out.

Comment

When my son in law was in the sandy place I sent tons of:

Powdered drink mix.
              Dude wipes - most favored by all
              Trail mix
              Jerky

He’s an officer and gave out loads of it. I made sure there was a more than ample supply at all times.

Comment

I shouldn't wright this because if it goes to the wrong person they'll get an article 15

However, I found that vodka with the appropriate amount of blue food coloring goes well in a Listerine bottle.

I think home backed sugar cookies ship better.

Baby wipes are the bomb.

Skoal is never a miss because its either used or traded for something better. And don't not toss in a few cans of bandits or pouches.

Oh, don't forget. Whiskey can also go in Listerine bottles.

Best thing to do is think like this.

You're camping primative. Its raining and lighting, so no fishing or hunting.

You're stuck in the tent and not ready to go home.

What would you like to help pass the time away?

Magazine or book to read.
                Fresh batteries for the light
                Snakes besides cookies (peanuts, chips, etc)
                Koolaid or tea pouches for water

Anything that can be used to help pass that current duty assignment.

If they are sending care packages, its probably to our folks that may have a limited PX or no PX at all.

And when our troops open them, its like what is inside.

Get creative and just put the box together.

OP, where do the rest of us send out stuff to help?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  I shouldn't wright this because if it goes to the wrong person they'll get an article 15

However, I found that vodka with the appropriate amount of blue food coloring goes well in a Listerine bottle.

I think home backed sugar cookies ship better.

Baby wipes are the bomb.

Skoal is never a miss because its either used or traded for something better. And don't not toss in a few cans of bandits or pouches.

Oh, don't forget. Whiskey can also go in Listerine bottles.

Best thing to do is think like this.

You're camping primative. Its raining and lighting, so no fishing or hunting.

You're stuck in the tent and not ready to go home.

What would you like to help pass the time away?

Magazine or book to read.
                  Fresh batteries for the light
                  Snakes besides cookies (peanuts, chips, etc)
                  Koolaid or tea pouches for water

Anything that can be used to help pass that current duty assignment.

If they are sending care packages, its probably to our folks that may have a limited PX or no PX at all.

And when our troops open them, its like what is inside.

Get creative and just put the box together.

OP, where do the rest of us send out stuff to help?
                  On a serious note, I'd only send a special mouth wash to a troop I knew didn't have issues, and understood the consequences of such an item. Meaning they share in one night with elite buddies or know how to be desecrate

A brand new e-1, wet be hind the ears and fresh out of high school, should get that special mouthwash.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                    On a serious note, I'd only send a special mouth wash to a troop I knew didn't have issues, and understood the consequences of such an item. Meaning they share in one night with elite buddies or know how to be desecrate

A brand new e-1, wet be hind the ears and fresh out of high school, should get that special mouthwash.

Lipton Tea, replaced with Crown Royal.

Comment

Instant mac n cheese went over big in the boxes I sent.
                      Starburst candy and lollipops, foot powder, anti monkey butt powder , socks and I even sent my friend fishing hooks, line and bobbers. He and his buddy were fishing in Saddams pond catching fish in Tikrit. So recreational items also help.

Comment

Working...
                      X