Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang...

That hurt.
    My Chihuahua got out yesterday afternoon some time and wondered around the neighborhood. A lady found him scratching on her back door trying to get in.
    After I searched the neighborhood, made signs and knocked on doors I find out that she called the pound to come pick up my dog.

I asked, "Did he try to bite you or anything?"
    She said, "No! He was sweet!"
    "What time did you find him?"
    She said, "Around 2:30."
    "Well what time did they come pick him up?"
    She said, "About 3-3:30."

Thanks for finding my dog.... Thanks for waiting 5 minutes before calling the pound...

Fast forward to today.
    I call the pound. $120 to get my 10 year old chipped Chihuahua out of the pound. That spent the 1st night of his life outside in 40 degree temps. $60 to the city and $60 to the pound....
    Last edited by Mac...; 12-17-2015, 12:31 PM.

Wow, sounds like a nice lady..... SMH

Comment

I can understand a $40-50 fee for their time... I don't get how $120 is justifiable?

Comment

Just be thankful you found your dog. Not everyone does.

Comment

sounds like govermental corruption at it's best.

glad ya got your dog back safely....

Comment

Sorry, but on the other side on this one. She let him in, made sure he was safe, and contacted the people who handle this problem. Had she not done what she did, he might have been hit by a car or eaten by a critter. Fee seems a bit high, but I would be kicking myself over that, not her.

Maybe to avoid this in the future a $5 tag on the collar with a name and phone number?

Comment

A little overpriced to say the least. At least you found him and he is okay.

Comment

I thought that pounds and vets scanned all stray animals to check for microchip tags????

Comment

Evidently they can come out... Or quit working.
                  He is now tagged,,, again.

I am very happy that he's found and safe.

I would put a collar on him but the only outside he ever sees is the back yard.
                  Besides that, I've tried to put a collar on him in the past and he lays down in depression and doesn't eat drink or move until it's off.

He was SO happy when they picked him up.
                  They said that he was sobbing when they walked around the corner.

And lastly, this is the same place that you can walk in and pick out any animal for $60...

Why is it doubled when I already own the dog? Ticks me off!

Comment

What did you pay for the microchip?

Did they register the microchip or tell you to...

Comment

Not sure Mike.
                      Wife did all that.
                      I assume the charge was in the $120 or she would've let me know about additional funds coming out of the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
                        Not sure Mike.
                        Wife did all that.
                        I assume the charge was in the $120 or she would've let me know about additional funds coming out of the bank.
                        That is probably what the $60 was, since the city passed the law that all pets have to be chipped.

Comment

Sorry about the hit to your wallet, but I'm glad you got your dog back!

Comment

Good thing he didn't get hit by a car, that would have hurt worse. Glad you successfully got your dog back.

Comment

Here at our shelter it is $50 inpound fee we update shots and deworm the animals.. Its $6 a day after that... not a bad deal!!

Comment

Working...
                              X